Checking In, Club.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by raybaudi, Aug 8, 2017.

1. raybaudi

raybaudi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Stress-Related or TMJ
      Hi,

Well, I desperately wanted to post before but for some strange reason I couldn't join the forum. Only now I was able to and here I am.

Tinnitus showed up out of the blue two months ago, Friday June 2nd, 2017 to be precise. It woke me up at 0300 AM and ever since, it hasn't receded. I believe it is mild to moderate. Three ENTs, two neuros and two dentists later, it is still with me. According to an audiogram, my hearing is perfect and I did some home testings with some friends with an App and could listen to the same frequencies they did (up to 17000 KHz). Apparently, it really fell in love with me.

What do I believe caused it for me? Not so sure:

-Never been a fan of headphones, not even when running.

-I have worked out regularly since I was 22 (29 now). Maybe I was contorting too much during the last weeks previous to T onset, but it's just a belief: I was using Nike Training Club App, maybe someone out there of you have worked out following this app's guidance?

-Happily, I haven't experienced any other remarkable disease during my life.

-No flu or frequent intake of analgesics/pain killers.

-Stress! Definitively the most likely candidate. Mom's struggling with cancer since a year ago and my country, Venezuela, maybe you've heard it on the news, is going through a lot of turmoil which has everyone really really stressed out.

-TMJ: X-Rays to my jaw articulation revealed a mild disfunction. Didn't want to go through MRI fearing it would worsen the T (all that noise).

-Retention cyst on right maxillaary sinus: I'm having this endoscopically removed within a few weeks, will let you know if it works for me. Actually, it is occupying 98% of the sinus.

-Diving: I did two discovery scuba divings this year (first ever in my life). One, in March, and the other, three weeks prior to T. Could they be related somehow? I didn't experience any pains or hearing-related affection that day or the weeks after.

I did moderate clubbing in the past. I'm amazed on the amount of people on this forum who firmly states they have never gone to clubs or discos... I mean, who doesn't when living on a big city?

No gigs, however, or concerts for me. In Venezuela we're not used to host so many events, especially during these last few years.

Well, thanks a lot for this forum. Hopefully I will not have to stay here for so long (but will tell you when I improve)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sometimes, it is not easy to pin point an exact cause of T. Perhaps it is due to one reason or a combination of more than one. There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc.

Anyway, welcome and hope you will check out the success stories so you can learn some helpful strategies. Here is the most read success story on TT, 'Back to Silence' by IWLM. It contains a simple effective method. Perhaps you can give it a try. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I lived in Toronto during my 20s and it had never even occurred to me to visit one of these places.

It looks like this is what is most likely causing your T. Hopefully your T will be gone once your doctor remove this cyst.

• Like Like x 1
    4. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Sinus, muscles, stress. That would be my ordering in the beginning, if I were you.
      And the brain perceptiveness of course. What is happening to me right now that after loud music exposure, I am able to recognise tinnitus much better, for example my neck muscle position changes the volume (and is different tone and pitch that my background noice T). And I am pretty sure there was no change of my neck situation during the exposure.
      I am no expert, cause I am struggling mightily after second onset, but I hope you'll be good.
      And wow, Venezuela, there are people from around the world here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      raybaudi

raybaudi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably Stress-Related or TMJ
      Well, hello! Thank you, guys for your answers. I feel privileged given I've actually come across several of your posts in the past, while lurking in the shadows since I couldn't join the forum.

I honestly really appreciate your insight into this. At first, I was hesitant to go for the sinus option since medicine bibliography states otherwise, establishing those cysts do not produce any symptoms. Even more, in this forum, I'd believe I've read sinus is not favored as a likely reason for tinnitus. However, after reviewing some Latin American forums in Spanish, I read about these two women who came up with the same cyst and no other symptom but tinnitus. They decided to have it removed and voila!, Tinnitus gone for good! Hopefully, I'll run with the same luck.

I'm actually examining what the endoscopy is going to consist of and there's something I dislike:

"Mid and inferior bilateral Turbinoplasty"
      Will this Turbinoplasty thing will generate enough loud noise to impact directly into my inner ear? This intervetion is supposed to last for two hours, maybe it will hurt.

So you guys don't believe it is related to the diving sessions, right?
      At first, I was scared some hidden damage might have occured to me while diving but then, I surfaced as healthy as I went down, except for the fact that my jaw was like locked for 20-30 s into place. The instructor told me it usually happens to those who bite so fiercely the breathing piece. First time ever which happens to me but, granted, I was kind of nervous underwater. We went down like 15' that time.

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      hearing loss in background noise such as "speech in background noise" or "music" doesn't matter how high pitch a noise is, the way I recommend to outrule hearing loss is to have no history of noise exposure and very good hearing in background noise.