Chipped Tooth and Invisalign

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Taylorslay, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      The older I get the more I despise the idea of having metal in my mouth to straighten my teeth. I don't like the idea of going through university with braces. So I'd rather opt for Invisalign. In a year or so. Has anyone here gotten Invisalign? If so let me know if the process involved anything loud like drilling. (Likely not but I'd like to know)

I also have a chipped tooth. One of my two top front teeth is chipped. It isn't significant but I'd like to have some type of filling done to make it look more natural. Anyone know if that involves any kind of drilling etc?

Xoxo

2. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      For me it did involve loud drilling. They cleaned my teeth with a very loud ultrasonic cleaning device and they apply attachments to your teeth with glue. Invisalign now requires attachments for the teeth to move in the proper position. Once the treatment is done all the attachments needs to be removed by a ultrasonic cleaner aswell.

3. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Invisalign does not work well, it's only for selected cases & for small problems.

Go for braces...

4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Yes, removing Invisalign attachments is LOUD. I do not recommend it.