Chiropractor Set Off New Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Jamie
      Worried

Jamie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1989 Ear Infection 2015 Coming off Benzo
      Hi,

I'd been suffering for a sore neck for about 6 months so decided to see a chiropractor a friend recommended.

At the initial consultation I told him I have tinnitus and very sensitive ears and the session began.

Then unbeknownst to me he pulled out a rattlegun thing that pokes you and used it on my neck. It worried me but didn't stop him, it was quite loud but used in quick bursts so I thought it would be okay.

That night I woke up with this buzzing in my right ear, nothing like I have ever had before (I've had tinnitus for 30 years since I was 12 years old) :dunno:

Now it's turned into a loud high pitched ringing, that throbs with my heart beat and gets quieter if I clench my teeth, it comes and goes but seems to be around more than not lately.

I didn't worry about it at first, as a long term sufferer of tinnitus I know new things come along but they nearly always settle down but this has been a couple of months now and I'm worried it may be for good.

I am so annoyed at myself for not stopping him.:mad:

Has anybody experienced anything like this or have any advice?

Thanks so much. :thankyousign:

Jamie.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Jamie He may have messed up some muscles, but I doubt that he compressed the eight cranial nerve.

It may be vertebrobasilar insufficiency from what you describe above. This is a come and go condition that can throb to heart beat. it's usually a temporary condition, but I would consider consulting a neurologist.

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Jamie, I was just curious if the tinnitus ever went away from the chiropractor. Also, did the tinnitus go away from the klonopin?