Chirping Tinnitus. Only 14!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joana, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Joana

Joana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus started back in 2017 after months of clearing my ears with water and listening to loud music. It sounded like a car driving past in the distance, like a buzzing, humming sound, but it went away after a while.

Since then I have had many forms of tinnitus, beeping, high pitched ringing, low pitched ringing, you name it. I visited my doctor last year and she said to clear up my wax with olive oil drops, which didn’t help at all.

Two days ago I watched a rather loud movie in class, which set off a new kind of tinnitus for me. I was a low ringing sound which woke me up at night and kept me up for hours, but it went away the day after.

Today I went to a loud event, a haunted house, and my ears seemed fine until an hour later. I can hear a chirping or beeping noise that only comes when there’s other sounds, if I’m in a silent room I can’t hear it.

Do you think it’ll go away on its own? I’m terrified

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Well here is the facts regardless of how uncomfortable they may sound.

You have damaged your hearing permanently and may have tinnitus for the rest of your life unless theraputics like hearing restoration and ways to target areas of the brain with tinnitus become available with the next 5-10 years.

If you continue to listen to use headphones on high volumes and exposure yourself to loud noise the tinnitus will get worse as so will your compromised hearing.

If you give your ears a long time to heal (several months) the tinnitus may go away as well as some of the hearing damage but it will always have a chance of coming back due to loud noise exposure.

Syringing your ears may cause hearing damage as well if down improper
      http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/arti...resulting-from-cerumen-removal-procedures.pdf
      if it was directly linked to syringing then sue their ass.

Protect your hearing as if it is the most important thing in the world for the rest of your life.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-university-of-michigan-tinnitus-discovery-—-signal-timing.2805/
      Device that will potentially lower the volume of tinnitus temporarily may be on the market by 2021

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/frequency-therapeutics-—-hearing-loss-regeneration.18889/
      Science working on ways to regenerate hearing may be available in the mid 2020s and hopefully this will permanently correct tinnitus.

Will it go away? no one knows.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joana

Joana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yikes, that’s comforting. My tinnitus isn’t continuous though, it ha never been, it just visits sometime which is strange for me, could it be bc I’m still young?
      I took a nap and the chirping is gone, this happens a lot with my tinnitus, it comes and goes. I really hope treatment becomes available soon.

And god no I don’t listen to music anymore, I only use drops, and I protect my hearing whenever I can. My friends think I’m paranoid, lucky people haha they don’t seem to have a care in the world about their ears. I keep telling them to protect them bc once they get tinnitus, they can never fully get rid of it..

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      there are no drops to protect your hearing, that's just for ear wax.

Just don't listen to loud music or be in loud noise environments. Within several months so damage should naturally recover like it did in my case.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You are very lucky to be young, you will not lose as much time waiting for a treatment as some people will

Most people on this website had tinnitus long before any research was put into it and were left completely in the dark, Your generation has hope. Being in my early 20's waiting for a treatment I wish I had more time but I realize i'm in a better scenario then most and my tinnitus is not loud.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. cspc
      Studious

cspc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Imagine that there will be such ear drops in the future! Time machine from 2150.

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Frequency Therapeutics is doing that kinda, but it's not correct to call it ear drops, lol. it's an injection in the deep inner ear entering the "Cochlear round window" and hopefully the drug will enter the cochlea restore as many hair cells (hearing cells) as possible and hopefully that tells the brain that hearing is corrected no need to generate a phantom signal. Also that will be way before then. A little over 5 years if a good case scenario!

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    8. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The important thing is not to panic as tinnitus is known to be associated with our emotions. Especially early on. Rest your ears and try not to worry because the chances are it will either fade, go away, or you’ll stop caring. I know it’s really difficult, but stressing about it will only make it worse. Do some other activities to take your attention away from it, and don’t sit listening for it.

You will be just fine :huganimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joana

Joana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you!
      The chirping came back but it’s not as bad, and I’ve noticed that my tinnitus has amplified my hearing and made it clearer.. weird.