Cibinetide (ARA 290) Peptide for Tinnitus / Hyperacusis?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by GBB, Oct 5, 2020.

1. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 6
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive. I will update once done using.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Interesting article.

Can I ask where did you order it from.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I sourced from Peptide Sciences, though they are just a reseller who source from China. The more legit way to do this is to work with a doctor who prescribes from compounding pharmacy in the US, like a normal prescription drug.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To clarify, any lab can synthesize this peptide. Peptides are sort of a newer aspect of medicine where they are legal, but have not yet been brought into the fold like a standard drug - anyone can synthesize them and so there exist compounding pharmacies, labs that work with doctors to provide these medicines within the context of a normal medical context, and then there are third party grey/black markets where consumers can purchase directly from suppliers or procurers (middle men). I did the latter, but there exist many channels/opportunities to do the former.

6. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown

I was aware of both avenues for peptides. I was curious to learn which way you went. Do you feel you can trust the supplier?

Thanks for the information.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In this case the supplier has a decent reputation in the community. I think the only way you can get 100% comfortable is with a compounding pharmacy.

8. weab00
      Gloomy

weab00 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some good mf music
      How do you get your hands on the stuff?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You can just search the name of the supplier I mentioned. I wouldn’t encourage anyone to buy until I at least give a status update on efficacy. It may do nothing or even have bad side effects - I’m just in a desperate position.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I ran this for 10 days at a dose of 4 mg per day. Cost is $95 dollars for 16mg so daily cost is about $25 per day. Because of high cost, I used it for a shorter amount of time than ideal, however, I did not notice any benefits.

As such, I cannot recommend this peptide for tinnitus/reactive tinnitus/distortion.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just to make absolutely sure I ordered 20 more days supply. Will update once I'm done.

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After taking this for about 30 days, no pronounced beneficial effect. For tinnitus I would consider this case closed.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
      • Informative Informative x 3
    13. danielthor

danielthor Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks. I was considering buying, but you saved me the trouble.

There are still a bunch of peptides for nerve regeneration that are worth experimenting with though. I still have some hope for peptides.

• Like Like x 1
    14. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I was also considering getting this one. What was your route of administration?

Some people saying you might need to use it for a few months to see a good effect but that ends up costing thousands of dollars.

It actually sounds like it would be good for pain hyperacusis since it's said to treat burning pain.

@GBB, what symptoms were you trying to heal exactly? Was it just the tinnitus you were trying to get rid of or did you also have pain hyperacusis while you tried this?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was injecting subcutaneous. No pain hyperacusis, just tinnitus and weird nerve sensations in reaction to noise (throat tightness, cranial nerve tightness, feelings deep in ears).

16. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Another thing I found from this is you need to keep using it indefinitely and the actual regeneration of nerves is very low. Maybe a very prolonged dosing would be needed for better effect but it starts to get very expensive then.

I'm going to try BPC-157 and TB-500 together first and, if they don't work, I'll try this. Not sure if I could try them together. Might be either synergistic or else potentially harmful lol.

Did you have an ok time reconstituting it? I hear people have trouble with that and need to use a different liquid than BAC.

Did you just use BAC and how many mg per ml did you get?

17. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm going to order ARA 290 now. I found a good source from China. Lots of people are having good results with this for neuropathic pain but you need to take it all the time and it's way too expensive unless you get it from China. There are no long-term human trials either though, so it's risky but so was the COVID-19 vaccine lol.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good luck. It did nothing for me but I only did it for two weeks - no negative side effects as far as I can discern either. More data is always good so kudos to you for experimenting.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    19. StoneInFocus
      Badass

StoneInFocus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing damage, ear infections
      Hey, looking at your post history I am guessing not, but did you go through with the order?

20. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I did not. I emailed some supplier but never got a response. I tried some other peptides with no results.

My ear pain issue is much better currently so I won't be looking into this again unless I get some insane levels of pain again.

21. StoneInFocus
      Badass

StoneInFocus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing damage, ear infections
      Glad to hear it, you're also no longer interested in stem cell treatment I suppose?

22. David2050

David2050 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma/diamox
      I'm glad you have improved. What do you attribute to your healing?

23. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I do still have some pain in my ear at times and it can get worse with loud noise but it is like 95% better than it used to be.

I think it just got better with time. I had neck pain too and went to a physio and got some neck exercises to do and I think that may have helped a bit. Neck pain can cause pain in and around the ear. I definitely get pain from loud noise though so this wouldn't make sense but maybe it was part of it.

I don't think I have done anything special. Maybe dosing some BPC-157 and TB-500 helped a bit but I don't think so as it didn't help when I did it initially.

I tried to have a positive mindset any time I would be in pain. This was possible more so as I was improving anyway. I don't think I was able to do this when I had excruciating pain.

I know a lot of people on Tinnitus Talk dismiss the therapy and mindfulness side of things but it does work somewhat.

I always had gradual reduction in pain after some really bad exposure.

Maybe going to the gym a lot and eating mostly healthy helped but again not sure.

I also stopped get those ear drum flutters or whatever you call them.

I might have just had some kind of muscle injury in my ear and it just took a long time to heal.

I went to an ENT multiple times and he always said I was perfectly fine.

I did have an ear infection for a while and got that sorted.

I actually still get bad pain in my ear if I ever wear headphones so I just don't do that.
      I am actually because I still have constant tinnitus even though it bothers me less now. Plus I have a couple of other issues I wouldn't mind sorting out too.

I'm just being lazy in pulling the trigger to go get it done. I really do hope to go get some treatment some time this year.

I still do have some pain in my ear a lot of the time, even though it's much better. And it gets worse with loud noise so I'm afraid it could always get a lot worse again so would be better to heal it now before it gets worse if possible.

I know it's a shot in the dark but I welcome the other health benefits anyway. I got arthritis that's quite annoying and that's actually a common thing that stem cells can fix.

• Informative Informative x 1