Citicoline (aka CDP-Choline) for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by CRGuilbault, Feb 1, 2018.

1. CRGuilbault

CRGuilbault Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music; Ear Infections; Head trauma - don't know precise
      Has anyone used Citicoline for Tinnitus? Someone told me that after they had head trauma their doctor had them take this to help regenerate damaged nerves. I got a bottle online from a vitamin store but I am afraid to take it because it looks like it's given to stroke victims and people with Alzheimers and Dimentia. I am wondering if anyone has taken this to help or cure Tinnitus. It seems like it could given the nature of what it does but there doesn't seem to be any empirical evidence that I know of (not that I have done a whole lot of research). I thought I'd start here and see if anyone had any success with thi.

Second, Last week I started taking a combination of Ginkgo Biloba and a product called Tinnitus 911 by Phytage. I actually feel a reduction in the volume of the tinnitus. It's still there but it's more faint. It is helping me hear better too. Again, just a little but something is better than nothing. I wanted to see if I could add in Citicoline to the mix but I am reluctant given the intensity of Citicoline. If anyone has anything to report about there experience with Citicoline -- good or bad -- please let me know.

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      I was taking both for a long time and did nothing for my tinnitus. If you try Citicoline, start with a low dose and build up. Do not take both together. Regards and good luck.

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      What he said.