Clicking/Popping in Ear Everytime I Swallow for the Past Year

Discussion in 'Support' started by PossessedGravy, Feb 15, 2018.

1. PossessedGravy

PossessedGravy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is this related to tinnitus? Been having clicking/popping sound in my ears every time I swallow for the past year. Sometimes it's in both ears, and sometimes it's only one ear. At first I thought it was fluid in my middle ear. After my most recent ENT visit, he looked up my eustation tube and said that it looks healthy. He said there is no fluid in my middle ear and that I may have patulous eustachian tube disorder. The odd thing with the patulous diagnosis is that I do not get any echoing or loud pronounced sounds. The doc said my eustation tubes are probably having a hard time closing. I've tried so many different methods to help cure this condition including:

- Antibiotics

- Allergy medication

- Sudafed

- Nasal sprays

- Sinus saline rinse

- Ear popper device

- Massaging techniques

- etc. the list goes on...

The odd thing is that I was sick a few weeks back and when my sinuses were very congested this was the first time in the past year my clicking/popping in my ears stopped temporarily. Anyways, I'm puzzled and honestly tired of trying to find a cure for this. It's depressing me to no end. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

2. Andrei90
      Depressed

Andrei90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music (earphones)
      This was my first symptom nearly a year before onset. I ignored it thinking it was related to the muscles or something like that. The doctors, being as useless as they were, pretty much agreed and told me to deal with it. To answer your question, yes I believe it is related to T. At least in my case, it served as a precursor and my first true warning. For the life of me, I will never understand how my brain didn’t make the connection. Not sure how bad your condition is but you should immediately take it seriously and go easy with the loud sounds. You don’t want what I have.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PossessedGravy

PossessedGravy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has the clicking/popping sound ever gotten better for you? I will be sure to be careful around loud sounds. Thank you for the information.

4. Andrei90
      Depressed

Andrei90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud music (earphones)
      No. Still there after a year. Now it’s joined by ear fullness, muscle spasms, and ear pain. And that’s just a fraction of symptoms. I wished I had discovered this site before so I could scare myself straight. Too late now.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PossessedGravy

PossessedGravy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm with you on the ear fullness and ear pain. It's very painful. I'm going to try lipoflavanoid to see if it will help the ringing in my ears.

6. foliefortuna
      Sweet tooth

foliefortuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Disorder
      It could be TMJ, my eard click when I swallow and I have a lot of ear pain. My jaw pops, does yours?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PossessedGravy

PossessedGravy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, my jaw does click as well! I will look into this! Thanks!

8. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      TMJ