Cold/Allergies, Congestion, Ear Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by stacey, Nov 27, 2015.

1. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!, Yesterday I woke up with a very bad cold, congestion and pressure in my ears... I feel awful. Because of the ear pressure I have a very bad spike and my ears are clogged. two days ago I took motrin, then yesterday I took benadryl, should I take another med today to try to decongest and get rid of the pressure in my ears or should I just wait till it goes away on its own? Any opinions would be helpful.

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I woke up with the same as u described 3 days ago , I just took a nasal spray to ease my blocked nose but rn it's the 3 rd day and things are better , so I think it's better to wait out the cold out and just take decongestants on really bad days
      Just my 2 cents here

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanx @uae96 I think I'll wait a few more days and see what happens, it horrible when the ears are clogged it cause's such a horrible spike, I really hope this is temporary :(

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes yes , when they are clogged you're hearing goes down , that's why u hear tinnitus more , don't worry

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Flonase spray for any allergy head problem. It's the best.

6. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Is Flonase better than AVAMYS?

I've used AVAMYS several times but does not work for my rhinitis.

7. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Congestion, allergies will most probably cause some sort of eustachian tube dysfunction (temporary).
      That's probably why you feel ear pressure.
      There's no need to fill up your body with sprays and drugs.
      Get some natural serum (sodium chloride), fill up a syringe and shoot it in your nostrils while inhaling deeply. Clears up the nose and the sinuses in no time.
      It always does the trick for me.

8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It looks like Avamys is the European Flonase. It's not an instant relief spray. It's different. It takes a week or two to do its thing. This stuff is like a miracle for me when pills, drops and lots of other spray didn't do it.

9. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      I will give it a try.

Because my ENT (and most ENTs) don't have a clue for alot of things, not only Tinnitus, but it seems like they can only help you with sore throats and ear infections.

10. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I've been using Flonase for years. I get stuffed up, especially in the spring and fall. I told two friends about it and they got off their allergy shots. I asked my doctor if Flonase was good for tinnitus and she said, Oh Yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    11. StephAtkings
      Fine

StephAtkings Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I get this all the time. I take Sudafed it does not unblock your ears but it really helps with the pressure. The best advice I can say is you need to wait it out. It can take 7-10 days from your ears to recover from a bad cold. Keep doing big yawns and eventually you should notice some cracking. It does eventually go away so try not to worry :)

• Informative Informative x 1