Constant Fluctuating

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xinnadeen, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      My ears just keep changing different volumes throughout the day random pains recently my tinnitus spread to both ears and now it's louder in my left I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not sure if it's a spike or I still have an ear infection or what but my ears are definitely not right.

2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Welcome to the club.

Not much you can do, time helps, some might suggest masking but I'm not a fan.
      Have you tried any drugs, lifestyle changes or supplements?

A doctor will help you make sure.

For starters, try to calm down and see if you are having a temporary spike.
      It happens a lot, most people get good days and bad days (even without tinnitus). Freaking out over it is just going to make it (and you) worse.
      Go to the doctor and see if you have an infection and have it treated.
      If that doesn't work, use the forum for any further support, there are quite a lot of things you can do to start feeling better.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would get your ears checked out again to make sure you have no infection or wax build up......lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      They feel better today, I'm wondering if it was alcohol I'm assuming not though as I don't think that would really trigger a spike of that weirdness, I guess I'll find out next time I decide to have a couple of beverages. It's better today but it just changes a lot it's incredibly hard to get used too and habituate.

5. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?

They say drinking alcohol could make Tinnitus worse,with the emphasis on " could ".
      With some people it lowers their perception of T,i know right?.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      my ears are just confusing at the moment I feel like the pitch changed I don't know I'm hoping as it's only been a couple months it'll settle over the course of this year I'm a strong believer in planning for long term eg; things will be better in 5 years and that's worth putting up with this for now etc.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Update had a nap it's now blaring in my right ear twice as loud as it's ever been. Hoping it's not permanent.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      i'm so sick of life

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I understand mine changes volume, pitch, ears, all day long. One minute I can relaxed and forget and then suddenly it will turn up and say, don't forget about me. I hate my life so much.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xinnadeen
      Curious

Xinnadeen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      It keeps changing I've got a high pitched hiss now it's quiet but high pitched so I can hear it, almost feel it? it's weird oh well I guess I just have to live with it, which would be so much fucking easier if it didn't change so much I get habituation but it's hard when it's constantly evolving I know a lot of people may have it worst but at least it's consistently the same amount of shit. So hard to focus on Uni and a recent break up with my girlfriend because I was making her so unhappy with how little I slept how grumpy I was and how I just fixated on my tinnitus and never payed mind to her it's horrible, I see little to no prospects on how this will get better it's just been 4 months of constant shit times. I miss her but I can't stand hurting her anymore.

11. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      So @Xinnadeen, as I see you last logged in here last May 2016; did it ever get better for you? Also, what was the cause of your Tinnitus?