Constant Squeek

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Forsberg, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey folks :)

Unfortunately seems I got this disease too. I am unsure of the origin of this sickness because it happened without any signs, just like you would switch lights on/off. I only know that I swam in the swimming pool, got water in my mouth and nose. One hour later got a noise.
      I can compare it to the dead line in the hospital - when somebody dies there is flat line on the device with specific sound. I think it is about 4000 Hz. It is present 24/7 for more than a week.

The General Practitioner said it may be because I swam and water got inside the ear. So I take a nose drops. But it passed about a week now, without any result.

I have also a temporomandibular joint disorder (prognathism) under treatment. I expect surgery next year. I know it can be correlated but can't believe that my whole life I had no problems with ear noise and suddenly it would be related to my jaw joints few months before surgery.

Who lives in the Netherlands?

2. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk!

It seems like nose drops won’t really help. GP’s and ENT’s keeps on putting nose drops on everybody developing tinnitus because they have no other clue! Have you been exposed to any loud sounds recently?

The TMJD might be a cause though.

3. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure and excessive ear irrigation
      Hi Forsberg, welcome to the forum!

From my own experience, Tinnitus can take time to develop. In my own case, I was exposed to loud music for 2 hours by standing in the front of the stage, next to the speaker of a concert. Immediately afterwards I felt like something was wrong but the Tinnitus didn't start develop until another month later. After noticing the T, I then suspected it was due to earwax buildup so I use water to clear them. The earwax was cleared and the Tinnitus was worsen almost immediately. I know my case is different than yours but my T got aggravated by water as well...

Have you been exposed to loud noise or music before you start having tinnitus?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Heh, I even tried the nose drops which you use them when you have a flu and your nose is clogged. I do not remind me of being exposed to the sound which could do smth like this.
      I didn't expose myself for the loud sound except car radio but this is not so loud. One time I drove my car and stopped next to the truck which made some kind of "pssst" sound. It was loud but took around 0.5 second. I didn't feel any pain of tinnitus for a week.
      Anyway I am waiting for ENT visit and we will see what next. I've been told that stiffy neck muscles lead also to the tinnitus, and I feel that my neck is sometimes stiff. Gonna try massage.
      I do not believe it will bring any relief though. To be honest, I would better have a cancer which either could be cut off making you healthy again or forcing you to die, it is better than struggling day after day for 1\3 what it's been before.
      Also lack of solution for this disease makes it that this case is closed. Once you have tinnitus, you will die with it.
      Now I know what felt my mother when she developed it, but she is 66. I am 32 and I do not imagine living to her age with this shit.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Did the tinnitus begin a week after this event?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I would say so but I can't pinpoint exact date. I can surely say that it could be next day as well a week. I didn't pay attention to it to be honest.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update from me ;)
      It passed some time since it all started. I am slowly returning to my previous life, I returned to the gym, I excercise, swim again.
      Meantime I take pills for blood circulation in the brain and ear and I notice that the loudness is slightly lower or it is just placebo and my brain is just trying to get peace with this sound.
      I can't say that I am the same person who I was before. No, since tinnitus started some part of me died, to be precise some part of my will to life died.
      I try to focus at other things, it is quite often difficult because I still remember how it was before. Like a man without leg could remember how it was when he was able to walk freely. It is very depressing, so I try to not think about such things, but they come.
      I decreased my worry about money, how it's gonna be - if I get better work, if I buy a newer car. I just don't care about it so much like before. I don't know if this is a resignation, giving up for getting more from life but this is how it is.

One question, how does come a fat burning pill (a supplement) regarding tinnitus? Could it make it worse? I have them from USA.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It has been 2 months since the onset of your tinnitus, and you have been noticing some fading. This is a wonderful sign. It ought to continue to fade, and in a year or two you ought to feel a lot better.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are any of the ingredients on the list below
      http://hlaa-sbc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Ototoxic_Brochure.pdf

The best way to lose weight is to stop eating bread, pastries, etc. Don't have them at your house. If you get hungry, eat some vegetables (e.g., tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.). Keep eating low-calorie vegetables until you get totally full and lose your appetite. Within a month or two, your cravings for the unhealthy food ought to end and you will be well on your way to your ideal weight.

Stop thinking of food as something that makes you happy, as something that you enjoy, and begin thinking about it as something that you are consuming to not feel tired and to get healthier. Eventually pastries will stop being appealing (they raise your blood sugar and are unhealthy), and berries and other foods that are full of vitamins and antioxidants will be what you will enjoy having.

I have been doing all of the above for about 15 years. Within about two years after I began, I was able to get to a BMI of 22.5 (it used to be 25.5).

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thx guys. What I discovered that I must change my car. It is so loud inside that even driving with ear plugs is quite difficult >100 km\h because some kind of sounds, especially bass one are distracting. Or I have overhearing issue (I have it, because now I listen to the radio maybe 30-40% what was before). Higher than that makes me pain.

Regarding this drug list - I took some of it, like naproxen, minocin but not regularly. I guess after stopping them, it would fade off so tinnitus would be gone, but it still stays on.
      Yeah, I am trying to lose weight and I am on the good way to do it. I returned to exercising, I have about 5-7 kg more than it should be :) My chest is going well and I do not have bigger tinnitus after exercises, it seems.
      I only stopped to exercise because tinnitus made me completely resigned. I was literally browsing website for weird stuff like euthanasia and requirements for it. It was one of the toughest moments of my life.
      But now I am trying to life somehow. I changed my attitude for some aspects of the life, example I do not plan for further than 1 year ahead because it makes no sense. Your life can be deteriorated in one moment, it happened to me before and now again so it is better to keep short time ahead than long perspective. :)

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forsberg
      Depressed

Forsberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Quick update from me.

I've been to the another hospital and doctor which is well experienced in problems with ears and things related to it.
      My audiogram, words detection, external ears are fine. I have a slight hearing loss which goes about 40dB at 8000Hz but according to the doc it is not something unusual in my age and average population. It shouldn't give me any tinnitus problems.
      His conclusion was that he cannot do anything more because medicine knows no proved therapy against this sickness, thus he is powerless.

Personally I am struggling, see rather darker clouds over me than the Sun but the suicide thoughts are further away than before. I still think about how it would be without me here anymore, this is intriguing, and if I had possibility to erase my existence just like that by pressing a key button without making my dear family cry I would really deeply think about such exit.