Cosmetic Surgery: Lip Fillers

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, Jun 5, 2017.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Hi guys.

I'm booked in to have lip fillers (juvederm).

It's something I've wanted done for so long. I just haven't had the courage to do it.

Anyway. Now I've got tinnitus. I'm petrified of anything making this worse. But I also want to live my life. And fix an insecurity of mine.

Has anyone had lip fillers at all and did it affect tinnitus. Or Botox or anything.
      Thanks x

2. joker1994
      Wishful

joker1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck damage
      i would try to ask in the doctor coner but i can´t see how that would make things worse :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It won't affect your ears, but just a word of warning on fillers: be absolutely sure you know what you're doing. I'm not trying to put you off, but some fillers once they're in, are a nightmare to get out if anything goes wrong.

If juvederm is reabsorbable then you should have less potential problems, but then is it worth it to only have the effect temporarily? I personally wouldn't mess with your lips because you're beautiful how you are, and don't see why you'd want to mess with your lips when they are completely normal.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Get those fillers and rock those sexy lips! Life is short and T is a constant reminder of that..

• Like Like x 1
    5. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Just had a quick look into juvederm. It is reabsorbed (which I assume you already know) and it can be dissolved if you don't like the look of it. It seems to be relatively safe from what I've read so far, and lasts around 6 months to a year or so.

It won't affect your ears, so that shouldn't be a concern. If you really want to do it then don't let your ears put you off. However, I still stand by what I said before: your lips are already awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Aw thanks for looking for me. Iv been looking and I can't find any connection.
      It's awful this tinnitus. Having to watch everything we're doing. Yeah I'm booked in for next week. Really excited/ nervous. I think I'm More nervous if it effects my ears. But then I suppose it's only in my lips how will it get to my ears .
      T is so unpredictable. And I think I need cheering up with a little uplift to my top lip Xxx

7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Good luck to ya!

8. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I would say that you don't need that fake stuff if you're are the girl in your avatar. I'd leave it how it is.

Btw I saw in one of the topics that you had an humming sound, I got one too. Changes intensity, don't hear it when I plug my ears or shake my head. Did you ever find out what it was and did it go away?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      I am the girl in the pic lol!

Nope I had a MRI of the brain and ears. And they said no abnormalities. Mine comes and goes. Have it more so than not annoying as hell. I saw a private ent at the start of all this. And he reckons it was because of fluid behind the ear drums. So I haven't a clue.

10. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is very annoying indeed, my comes and goes to but only stays away for an hour or so. Later on it builds up until I can hear it under a tv or water faucet. I hope that I'll get used to it.

Have they ruled out TTS muscle spams? A disfunctioning Eustachian tube could cause it. Or would that be visible on the mri?

Gl with your lip fillers, I hope that they'll suit you;)

11. Bear0211

Bear0211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced....
      Jeez isnt this mental @amymilly having to question everything with this horrid condition:( ill come visit you and get my top lip done! Aha.
      Think I'll be too much of a crapbag though. Eeeek!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Blowing up this website at the minute aren't I my babe. How annoying :(

13. Bear0211

Bear0211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced....
      @amymilly I'm with you all the way lovely x

14. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      I plan to get chin fillers this year. If I'm going to be miserable, might as well be gorgeous while wallowing.

Good luck babe, don't let T take more away from you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Did you get your lips done? Did it affect your tinnitus? I want to get under my eyes done and I am scared because of my tinnitus as well. I want to get fillers under my eyes. I want to go to Dr.Simon Ourian. I just want to make sure it wont create tinnitus. Please let me know if you did it and it was ok. Since 2016 my life has been really weird because of tinnitus, I have to watch everything I do and eat. Thank you

16. NcName

NcName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Girl, you're beyond gorgeous. Please reconsider doing anything to your face! I know it's really none of my business I just hate hearing about botched procedures especially when the person was already beautiful.

If not I hope everything goes well!

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. NcName

NcName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Your lips are really nice too. If you don't know that I'm telling you for a fact!!!

18. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      She should do something about that dog nose though

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      A few dehydrated people in here I see.....