Coughing Out Fluid Causing Tinnitus to Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Apr 26, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Hey, I've been suffering from tinnitus for over 5 weeks and have been coughing out fluid from my glue ear for much of that time. Over the last few days ive started coughing out a lot more than usual, and my sensitivity to sound is worse and I know have a much louder screeching in my ear. Is this normal? Its strange as I can literally feel the fluid moving in my ears. Do you think my tinnitus will at least go back to its baseline? I know it takes a good 6 weeks for inflammation to go down so I'll be stuck with tinnitus for some time.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would see your doctor to get checked out as could have some infection going on or allergy..lots of love glynis

3. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Thanks for the advice, but I'm just wondering really if it should go back down to the baseline because its so loud at the moment. I cant believe I actually want my normal level back. I'm finding it very hard to cope rn.