Crackling in Ears Raised Up After Gasp with Fluorine, Also I've Got Ear Pain Afterwards. Please Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by Snake, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Hi,

my ears are crackling and popping for several years now (maybe it was always like that), but it was mild and not that hard to deal with. 2 or 3 weeks ago i gasp with fluorine from mouthwash (Elmex) when i was laying in bed. Only a little because it was from my saliva (you can't wash your mouth with water after that immediately). It got through my nose (right nostril) and i think it could also touch my right eustachian tube. I cleared my nose with water and next day everything was ok, normal as usual. But 2 days after that my right ear EXPLODE when i swallow or yawn. Also i got some pain in my ears when swallow but also when i don't do anything (especially right but pain also happens in left ear from time to time).

I had gone to Otolaryngologist immediately when it started and he said that i got some kind of edema and gave me dozens of meds. Otrivin ipra Max 4x1 (Xylometazoline + Ipratropium bromide), Pronasal 4x1 (Mometasoni furoas), Respimer 2x1 (Sodium chloride, Potassium chloride, Calcium chloride, Magnesium chloride, Sodium bicarbonate), Cirrus 2x1 (Cetirizine + Pseudoephedrine) and Flavamed 2x2 (Ambroxol).

After Cirrus i had some Tinnitus spike so i took it only once.

It didn't help so i went to another Laryngologist which said that i don't have any edema, and that crackling is normal and it's just my hyperacusis (wut? It all started 2 days after that incident and it's not anxiety because the next day everything was normal and i was not thinking about it. It's NOT because of H for sure, it doesn't even feel like it.)

He also tortured me with 90dB through my ears WITHOUT any warning because "I only wanted to check your eardrums". Thanks, 90dB in ears for someone with Tinnitus and Hyperacusis is a very smart move. T immediately spiked and i was taking prednisolone for 2 days 20mg and Vinpocetine 30mg / day which he prescribed me because that. After that i can't trust him for sure.

I don't know who i should believe and what should i do, i still have pain in ears, my right ear still explodes when swallow and yawn. For sure it's something related to pressure because when i lower my head down to create a pressure, my ear stops crackling.

When i swallow i feel something strange in my right ear, like i can't fix the pressure.

I feel that Tinnitus can also worsen now because of that.

EDIT: I forgot to add that second laryngologist gave me Mydocalm (Tolperisone) but after that 90dB sound incident i don't trust him because leaflet says that it can cause Tinnitus, so i my case make it worse. I didn't took it yet. He says that muscle in ear is the cause of crackling and exploding sound o_O (So why pressure and my position affects it?)

Please, give me any advice because yes, now anxiety kills me.