Crickets

Discussion in 'Support' started by josh77, Jan 6, 2016.

1. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      Yes, crickets. The creatures that seem to make the most soothing noise for T. The only making/TRT background sounds that seem to help my case are one with crickets. Maybe the tone of my T is a close match for their sound.

2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What frequency is your sound at? Wish I could find something that soothes the noise.

3. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hello @josh77
      You got me interested. I got crickets in my head. What's your favorite source for this sound effect?
      A CD - sound effects, youTube, the sounds of insects?

4. MCB
      Sunshine

MCB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Agreed! I'm listening to the sound of crickets as I'm writing this. I use a Sound Oasis sound machine. It's the closest I found to help mask my T.

5. matfromaust
      Procrastinating

matfromaust Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax/Flu
      I'm sitting outside and listening to crickets and it's frustrating because I can't tell if I'm hearing crickets or its my ears ringing

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      re: whats your frequency of your t: Based on the one of frequency tester I landed on around 12,500 on their scale. I then removed that frequency from the sound track.

re: listing to them outside. Thats the best part for me. It seems my mind believe the T sound is part of the external sound. Perfect blend even at low volume. I even have to keep it on when watching TV. Even pound audio from the TV doesn't mask the sound. I'll try uploading the file to this post.

Attached Files:

7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Same for me. Never really cared for them before, but it's the only thing I've found thus far that masks my T (aside from a high pressure shower at full blast).

I wish thunderstorms or waves would resonate with me, I used to love listening to them. :(

• Like Like x 1
    8. L-Kabong
      Blah

L-Kabong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1980
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have Nerve Deafness which the Doc's tell me is the cause of Tinnitus
      I'm thankful for winter time because when it gets cold in my house I use a humidifier (because I wake up with a very sore throat otherwise from the dry heat from the house heater). The other benefit is that the noise the humidifier helps mask or get me into that sound rather than the ringing in my ears or Buzzing or other types of noises that my Tinnitus takes forum of that particular day.

9. Sheryl
      Blah

Sheryl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds or hearing loss, unsure at the moment
      Wow! This may be the best news yet! I've been dealing with this a year now. And it reminds me of crickets in my ear. YES!!! I will try that sound tonight to mask and maybe sleep!

10. Arrojo

Arrojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One too many rock concerts
      The crickets of late summer seem to be helping my T. The are very loud outside and the frequency is the same as my T. Would much rather listen to these calming insects than what's in my head. I love crickets.