CRITICAL to Recovery — B12 Deficiency

Discussion in 'Support' started by Layla23, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      Update: I was finally able to leave my house to go to a neurologist.

Turns out I have a B12 deficiency.

Please look up “Could it be B12?” on Google and educate yourselves on all of the life long neurological ramifications from not having enough B12. Tinnitus, visual snow, and nerve pain are all connected to this. Especially if you have Lyme (since you can’t absorb B12 properly anymore).

Ask to see the results too. They don’t tell you you’re deficient if you’re in the gray zone.

B12 deficiency certainly didn’t cause my problems but being deficient wasn’t helping my body heal either.

PLEASE go get tested

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I remember getting bloodwork done, hoping I was b12 deficient to explain my chronic pain. Ended up having slightly over ideal levels of b12.
      :/

• Hug Hug x 2
    3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Will look into it. Thanks!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      @Red

What were your levels?

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      that's an amazing coincidence. I too suspected I have a B12 problem and went and got some sublingual
      methylcobalamin B12 today and an hour after taking it I felt much much better, like 4x better than curcumin made me feel. I still have tinnitus no doubt but it isn't as piercing and distressing at all.

At the onset of my tinnitus my finger nails started growing with pits and that seems to be linked to b12 deficiency. I am serious. My hearing even seems to be better.

• Like Like x 1
    6. JuneStar
      Sheepish

JuneStar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I had lyme, and some symptoms of a deficiency so started taking the pills a few weeks ago. never been tested though. my mom had a bad deficiency and ended up with lewy body dementia.

7. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I bought something called Lipoflavonoids a few months ago and it has B-12 but has never really helped my tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Just ran across an interesting testimonial on a CFS forum. Below is a snippet from that post:

This summer, I read that B12 serum levels will rise after supplementation, but the serum level may not reflect the body's intracellular B12 status. I have normal (>500) serum b12, normal serum MMA, normal homocysteine (<8), no macrocytosis, no anemia, a normal Spectracell B12. Absolutely no sign of a functional B12 deficiency on paper. However... since my symptoms resemble the neurological effects of low B12, I called around and discovered that my doctor offers 5mg methylB12 shots for $35. Weight-loss clinics in my area also offer 1mg Hydroxycobalamin for about the same price. Hey, only experiment number 2,428 over the past 15 years, worth a try for $35.

And... that was it. My first methylB12 shot resulted in a headache, metallic taste, chills, visual-field sharpening, and the lessening of my exhaustion for a few hours. Went in for another shot a week later, and this time the fatigue lifted for almost a day, and the headache went away faster. Six shots and a couple of months later, I am feeling a thousand percent better. I've even jogged a little... ran, if you can believe it. My tingling is gradually fading. My memory is sharper and my mood is brighter. -- Against all odds, and despite all my normal B12 blood test results, injected (not sublingual) B12 is working to heal my brain and peripheral nerves.​

If you have an interest in some of the symptoms of severity of vitamin B12 deficiency, watch the first few minutes of the following 51-minute video: -- Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency. I have to think at least some people's tinnitus severity could be improved with Vit. B12 injections.

Hydroxyl Vit. B12 Testimonial

9. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      I saw this on YouTube in the early days just turned out to be more Snake... Oil...

10. PugDog1

PugDog1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Low iron, low b12, chronic sinusitis
      I’m b12 deficient too! My result was 205. I’m getting private (UK - NHS won’t inject new because I’m considered normal but the very bottom end of normal) injections 4 weekly and taking strong supplements every day!

what was your level?

• Like Like x 2
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      lmao. How is vitamin B snake oil?

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Oh sorry it's made of it ;):p J/K did not help for my tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1