Crystalline MSM

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by AnxiousJon, Feb 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
    2. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      Can you estimate the reduction percentage please? =) Do you take more supplements, or you take it when you hace to do any especific activitie? Like work, studie or weekends?

(Sorry so many questions)

3. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hmm... My phantom sounds get pretty crazy when I don't take it. Let's say on days I take it they are an average of 3(1-10), and when I don't they are an 8.
      I just take it whenever I can. Today I only took 2, 1,000mg scoops of crystals(in water) cause I just didn't get around to it. Yesterday I took 5,000mg total, and my phantom sounds today were like a 1(1-10); I could even be around loud refrigerators and piercing sounds today without any phantom sound flare-ups; was sweet.
      Couple weeks ago I took a break from it for a few days cause the powder-form of it gave me headaches(my stomach hates stuff that can't disolve or break down easily), and my phantom sounds went nuts. Then I got the crystals in the mail, and I'm doing better again.
      I consistently take a vitamin B complex, L-theanine with inositol, vitamin D, and Non-THC hemp oil(has omega 3,6, and 9). My stomach hates all magnesium so I can't take that, and I dabble in pharmaceutical doses of B-6 but it causes my blood sugar to dive a little(reactive hypoglycemia) so I'm still experimenting with it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    4. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      Thats sound good!!!

Thank for answers =)

5. no life

no life Member

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
    7. no life

no life Member

8. nomoredreaming

nomoredreaming Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj
      I'd also be interested in this if it's good for inflammation there's so many to chose from.

9. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Q: How does MSM work?
      A:The exact mechanisms of how MSM works are still being identified in ongoing scientific research. However, scientific studies have now confirmed that MSM is a safe and effective anti-inflammatory agent. It may also contribute to the integrity of joint cartilage and other connective tissue.
      In recent animal research conducted in Japan, MSM was found to act as an immunomodulator, preventing the immune system from mounting dangerous autoimmune responses to noxious stimuli. See study . It also prevented local inflammation to a significant enough degree as to halt an autoimmune reaction at the genetic stage of induction. It appears to affect autoimmune responses, such as the immune system's development of antibodies against its own tissues.
      MSM has been shown to inhibit the development of abnormal antibodies to collagen, and to prevent production of rheumatoid factor and antinuclear antibodies (ANA).
      Though the pain relieving properties of MSM are well known, mechanisms by which it accomplishes this are still under investigation. MSM most likely inhibits inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes, hormone-like substances that create inflammatory cascades in the body associated with pain production.
      MSM's effects on connective tissue are also well known. It is presumed, though not proven, that the beneficial clinical effects noted in humans on skin, hair, nails, and joint cartilage (as well as on hooves and coats in animals) has to do with MSM's sulfur content. Sulfur is abundant in connective tissue, and sulfur depletion in connective tissue is known to lead to problems. Because MSM is 34% sulfur, it is likely that the integrity of connective tissue is enhanced with MSM supplementation.
      MSM's benefits are those of a dietary supplement. It should not be used to treat serious diseases unless under the supervision of a medical doctor.
      http://www.msmguide.com/facts/faq/

10. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Hmm; if anything, I'd say this stuff spikes my noise a bit.

We are all different!

11. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bummer!