Custom Earplugs (ACS Pro 26) NOT Fit Properly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by orbiter12, Sep 5, 2017.

1. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      Just got my ACS Pro 26s today but they don't fit at all. I've attached some pictures showing the problem. The left earplug just seems way out of scale, a lot smaller in all dimensions and isn't creating a proper seal. The right earplug seems ok but doesn't seem like a really right snug fit (should it be fairly tight).

The guys at ACS seem to think they can fix this without the need for new scans taken which got me thinking, has anyone else had problems with the fit of their custom earplugs?

Did you need to have the scans/impressions redone?

Are your earplugs really tight in your ear?

Did you have 3d scanning or the silicone impressions? I'm starting to think the silicone is more accurate. Therefore might ask them to completely scrap these plugs and start from scratch?

Also I'm getting a lot of occlusion from mine, can anybody look at the links I've attached and tell me if the earplugs are long enough and go past the second bend in the ear canal?

Thank you to any who can answer any of my questions as these earplugs were expensive so I want to make sure they're perfect and I'm getting the advertised protection.

Bad fit:
      1-bad-fit.png

The 'good' fitting one:
      2-good-fit.png

Difference in size and length:
      3-difference.png
      4-difference.png
      5-difference.png
      6-difference.png

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      Had to get them remade because they messed the scale and sizes up.

Had them resent to me today and they seem like an ok fit but feel like they're not blocking any noise?

I put them on with the fan on in the background with no noticeable difference in the fan volume. They just feel like they aren't blocking any noise at all and they're supposedly 25 dB flat reduction...

What gives?

3. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      Use foam plugs.

4. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      I would use foam plugs. I had made custom plugs but they didn't fit properly.
      They do look discreet but foam plugs provide better protection.

5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      The flesh colored Mack's foam plugs can provide 32 dB and will be less visible than yours when inserted deep.

You will need tweezers to remove them but no one can see anything.

6. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Whether or not a tweezers is needed, does that depend on the size of your ears? I'm wondering how these compare in size to Mack's slimmer bright pink ear plugs (that they market to women). I really like the pink ones because they are small, but the color is obnoxious. :rolleyes:

7. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Old thread, but I'm going to provide some help for anyone who sees this in the future.

Custom molds generally need some lubrication to create a solid seal. Some people may naturally have more moisturized ears and can get a seal without any help. Others may need to use a lubricant such as Otoferm or Oto-ease. You shouldn't have to use very much to get a seal, so if you aren't getting one with only a small amount of lubricant then you'll know the earplug needs to be remade or possibly even have new impressions made.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1