Depression, Anxiety, ADD and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by In darkne$$, Oct 11, 2019.

1. In darkne$$

In darkne$$ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

I've been suffering from diagnosed depression, anxiety and ADD for about 7 years now. These are the biggest reasons (I think) I got tinnitus but I'm not exactly sure. One day I woke up and my ears started to ring, I expected it to go away but sadly it's been with me for the past 6 months.
      I have been using Bupropion since June/July.

Last week my tinnitus started to get even louder for reasons I don't know. My depression this entire week hasn't been very helpful. All I do is go to work and once I come back I go straight to bed again. I've tried playing video games but it's hard to get into and once I get back from work I feel extremely exhausted.

In August I went to Japan for 2 weeks.
      I pretty much wore my friends noise cancelling headphones the entire time when I was outside because I was paranoid of my tinnitus getting worse and everything in Japan is super loud... I still enjoyed the trip a lot, I had a very good time.
      I didn't notice any spikes or differences after the 11 hour flights, I did use special earbuds on the plane.

Now that I'm back again after a month I work Monday till Friday in an office from 10 am till 4 pm. I spend about 2 hours of my day in a bus. I've tried using ear protection this week but haven't noticed any difference, I also started having ear pains in the evening. Not sure if that's connected to the hearing protection

I use my earbuds (AKG) still everyday but I don't listen to music louder than volume 1 and I listen to YouTube videos not louder than volume 3. They also help outside for when cars or trucks pass by.
      I only use them at work to distract myself from co-workers when they start being loud, in the bus or for a short time before going to sleep to listen to ASMR or music to calm me down.

I'm also a big vinyl head. Vinyl is still a hobby I really enjoy but with my tinnitus it's sometimes hard to get into. I only listen to my records between 60-65 decibels.

The last 3 years I've been to quite a few concerts but I've never been to a single concert without wearing protection.

When it comes to eating and drinking I only drink water and tea and I stay away from sugar and eat plenty through out the day.
      I've stopped using e-cigarettes and barely smoke weed anymore.

Sorry about all the random topics. I wanted to be able to give as much information as I could to see if there's any tips that could change anything in my life to make it enjoyable again even with tinnitus.

Thank you for reading.

2. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I think the title of your thread fits quite a lot of us with Tinnitus. Each condition sort of exacerbates the other. The T somewhat causes ADD for me, as well as anxiety. I don't think I'm depressed. The anxiety makes the T worse, which then sort of causes ADD. I don't suppose that is helpful info. It's just life with T.

I do my best to stay busy. Staying busy takes my mind off of the T, which helps the other conditions.

• Like Like x 1