Devils Everywhere — Nobody Understands the Importance of Silence

Discussion in 'Support' started by MountainCreek, Oct 21, 2018.

1. MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      Nobody understands the importance of silence, regardless if you have tinnitus or not.

Today I walked into an ordinary restaurant (not a pub) that played music.

- Can you turn down the volume?
      - No, we cannot do that. Get out of here!

I got a new job in an office that had a ventilation in the roof.

- Can I get another office or can you reconstruct the ventilation so it gets quiet?
      -

Meaning you will not get any extended job contract here. Thank you, bye.

There is no help and understanding to find in this world.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Take your money elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      That is so rude, every restaurant I've been to has been more than happy to turn down the volume. Of course...in CA hip hop/rap is so trendy so the restaurants blasts it like it's a club...so obnoxious.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I understand how you feel but try not to give up. With help and acquiring a positive attitude which takes time, a lot can be achieved. Have you been to ENT for tests recently on your auditory system? Or being referred to a Hearing Therapist or Audiologist for treatment and management of tinnitus and hyperacusis? These avenues I advise you to pursue if possible, as that is the way forward. One can help themselves by following some of the advice from members in this forum and reading my posts and articles. However, in some instances professional help is needed. This comes in the form of :counselling, medication and sound therapy.

Since your tinnitus was originally caused by "noise trauma" I am surprised that it hasn't improved, with or without treatment since 2016? If this is the case I'm wondering have you been listening to music through headphones or going to places where loud music is played? Usually, (but not always) when noise induced tinnitus doesn't improve to some degree after such a long time, treatment hasn't been sought or a person has been subjecting themselves to further loud noise/sounds or using headphones. I am not saying this has happened in your case but I have found through corresponding with many people over the years with "noise induced" tinnitus, this is often the case.

By the sound of things, I think you have hyperacusis too and this needs to be treated.

Hope you start to feel better soon.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      My tinnitus has improved to the extent that it has more or less disappeared. However, that does not mean I can enjoy ordinary life. Actually today I heard some deep vibration sound caused by the noise exposure after having been out in the city, gone by subway and so on. I can not live an ordinary life, or else the elephant (very loud tinnitus) will come out again.

Also I emphasize that ordinary life today, is not the kind of ordinary life that human beings originally were intended to live. That is in the wilderness surrounded by trees and wild animals. Oil has not only resulted in a green house effect. It has also resulted in a phenomenon called tinnitus that is non-existent in primitive civilizations that do not use oil.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      How long did it take to disappear?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MountainCreek

MountainCreek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Radio
      From my own experiences fresh sound-induced tinnitus with a sudden onset may disappear after two weeks, exceptionally after three weeks. If that does not happen, then chances are not so bright. However, it depends on what you do. One time I got a heart-beat tinnitus sound caused by listening to the car radio for many hours. It did not disappear within two weeks, but I was never in a perfectly quiet apartment at that time so I never got a chance to expose my ears to silence, so no chance for recovery of my ears. After two weeks I moved to a perfectly quiet apartment and there I could recover. I stayed indoors and never went out from that apartment, and then after two weeks it went away completely. So it seems that it MAY be possible to delay the healing, but once treated by perfect silence the tinnitus should stop within two weeks, exceptionally three weeks, or else it will most likely never stop.

This is a very simple method, which I have proven several times works. Now why doesn't anyone accept it? Why spend so much money on tinnitus research that is never going to lead anywhere for as long as we can not do quantum surgery in the inner ear? The only chance in my opinion is to treat tinnitus by silence, and then we of course need doctors who support THAT idea and not some other bullshit ideas such as the opposite of that, like sound therapy..

• Like Like x 1
    8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If your tinnitus has improved to the point (extent you say) that is has more or less disappeared, I am aghast at what you want? Seriously. Many people in this forum have to endure loud intrusive tinnitus and they manage to live their life. Life is not perfect and can be problematic for most of us at one time or another. However, we must try to be positive and take the best out of it that we can because things could be a lot worse for you, if your tinnitus has truly disappeared as you say, or reduced to a very low level.

Try to seek some counselling with a Hearing Therapist or Audiologist as I think it would help you.
      I wish you well.

Michael

9. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      BS

Very True!