Different Tinnitus Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joel777, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Joel777
      Artistic

Joel777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone hear anything different, other than the general extremely loud high pitched (whatever) in their ears? Like maybe slight pops or bumps or noises that don't exist? Or do they... o_O
      I am not hearing voices or anything, I am just talking about strange little noises that clearly aren't there, but come and go. Is this something that comes with tinnitus for some sufferers? I will give some examples;

1. If I am sitting here at the PC, I sometimes hear little rumblings, taps or bumps. They are not continuous like the high pitched whistle. But if I focus on them, they tend to last longer. I should also point out that they are very, very quiet noises. Not like the painful high pitched whistle.

And just randomly throwing this out there:
      2. If I hear running water, it sounds a little different then it should. (can't even explain that one properly)
      3. Sometimes other peoples voices sound a little different, or the way I am perceiving the sound anyway.

In general, I have found myself focussing on real sounds that do exist, to work out if it's the sound that I am unsure does exist, or associated with it. Does that make sense? Perhaps my brain is using my high pitch and turning it into other sounds? Or making real sounds, sound different... Lost with this one...

Currently my tinnitus is already debilitating enough as it. And without understanding if these other things are associated with it, makes the whole scenario worse. Looking for advice on this. :banghead:

Thank you!
      Joel.