Difficult Tinnitus Spike After Concert and Flu

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ringeee, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Ringeee

Ringeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      It's been a week since my tinnitus spiked following a concert. Since the concert I've also been sick and congested and very stressed out due to my tinnitus. I've always had tinnitus, but this spike is really getting to me.

I went to the doctor (not ENT) and he suggested Afrin and Flonase to help with my congestion. He said I have a good amount of wax in both ears, and suggested Debrix to help clear the wax out.

I'm going to make an ENT appointment on Monday.

Just curious, how long tinnitus spikes following a concert can last?

Thanks.

2. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a tinnitus spike following a concert can last a lifetime.

3. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Ringeee I assumed you habituated since 2015. You will habituate again to this! I am in a spike, have had many spikes but always habituated. How long did it take for you to habituate from 2015?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    4. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      While the spike can last a lifetime, there is also a good chance that it will reduce, if no further noise damage. This is a process that can take many months, or even longer. It is really important for no further concerts, clubs, headphones etc to give a chance for the ears to recover.

• Agree Agree x 1