Discrete tinnitus volume steps

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Aug 5, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hey all, ever since i started my tinnitus it has followed a bit of a predictable path. Every few weeks it seems to make a clear jump in volume over night. I cant really put my finger on why this is happening.

It doesnt seem to be anxiety related, as im generally pretty ok right before it jumps. Last week i was feeling really good, with some nice periods of habituation. But now im back in darkness with my t through the roof and me fearing this is my new normal.

Anyone else follow a path like this? What did you do to free yourself from the negative spiral?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Maybe you are allergic to something ?!
      Try some detox diet and clean up your room.. or look back to check what you changed in ur lifestyle recently.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Nogood may have hit on something,myself ,husband and aunt get this what you describe,it happens ,but we 3 suffer from allergies,so I'd go along with that as possible cause.so give it no concern if your allergy free,it will pass,and settle back down,ours do,maybe yes you've changed something and not realised it.Your be fine wait and see,worrying is a kicker to,so go do something take your mind onto something else Cor x

4. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Ive had an allergy test a few weeks ago, but it said im not allergic to anything, although ive long suspected an allergy link for me. Ive had a runny nose for like 6 months.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Some of my worst, most noticeable spikes are in the morning.
      I snore and I grind my teeth. Probably the 2 worst things for fragile ears.