Dissociatives and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philip, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      I have heard of dissociative drugs like ketamine being mentioned as possible cures for tinnitus because they block glutamate in the brain.

Personally I got tinnitus from MXE. I over did it three years ago and woke up with considerable neurological pain and tinnitus roaring through my left ear.

I would like to hear about anyone who has had a positive or negative experience with this class of drugs in regards to their tinnitus.

Memantine was once studied for tinnitus but it was shelved.

2. zeb

zeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ketamine , loud music?
      Im almost certain Ketamine caused my Tinnitus. I used to get it whenever i took it and it would go away. Eventually it stayed. Seems to have gotten worse after i stopped taking ketamine. Was caused by many years of serious daily ketamine abuse in large doses .

3. SPup

SPup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple?
      @Philip and @zeb

what are your symptoms? are they similar? if caused by similar behaviors they might be a lot alike.

4. zeb

zeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ketamine , loud music?
      @SPup my tinnitus is constant and pretty loud but mostly in the left. Usually a high pitched ringing but occasionally different frequencies and crackling. Iv had it for so long and dont have much hope for treatment/help so have pretty much had to get used to it.

5. zeb

zeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ketamine , loud music?
      I know other people who have got Tinnitus by taking too much ketamine. Was very surprised to see some studies looking at ketamine as a possible treatment for tinnitus!!!

• Agree Agree x 1