Diuretics Anyone?? Thoughts. Please.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pumpkin2005a, Nov 8, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Pumpkin2005a
      Scared

Pumpkin2005a Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So went to my primary care doctor today who suggested trying a diuretic called aldosterone or spironolactone (something like that here in the United States anyway). I haven't had any blood pressure issues, in fact upon today's checking it was 118/85. I am scared of trying a new medicine. Thinking I should jst beg to see an ENT. I am scared.

2. Pumpkin2005a
      Scared

Pumpkin2005a Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please..anyone?

3. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      I was taking spironolactone along with betaserc which was prescribed to me in colombia, South America for menieres .. it actually helped a lot with ear pressure .. unfortunately betaserc is not available here in the usa.. I was off spironolactone as per ent suggestion to try another medication, however I'm going back to spirinolactone Cayden it did help and did not make my t worst .. I used it for almost 3 months... good luck ..

4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Don't put too much faith in anything worthwhile coming from an ENT. If your tinnitus is associated in any way with a condition called cochlear hydrops, then a diuretic may have some value. Menierre's is a similar condition in some ways and diuretics are used a lot to manage that. You'd be lucky to find an ENT who's even heard of cochlear hydrops.

5. Pumpkin2005a
      Scared

Pumpkin2005a Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @PaulBe This came from my regular physician. He said he wanted to attack it from all angles. I haven't seen an ENT yet because of the local ones "protocol" I have seen an audiologist who tested me and I did have a small amount of hearing loss... but he couldn't offer me why as I hadn't been exposed to loud noises and etc. was just wasted money.

6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I think your regular physician sounds pretty smart.