Dizziness (Not Vertigo) After Eating Food

Discussion in 'Support' started by Venator117, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      Hello everyone. I've had T for about 7 weeks now but here's something weird. When I eat some salty food I get dizzy. It's not vertigo because i don't feel like anything is spinning around. My hearing is just fine and my Tinnitus gets a little bit louder. I don't even get nauseous. I can maintain my balance just fine and I can stand in place just fine. I just feel like I'm moving, my head might move a little with it. I also had an MRI done on me last week and nothing showed up. Also I'm pretty sure it's not Menieres like the rest of the Interwebs is telling me. It could Labrynthitis or even BPPV or even Hypochondria. Also when I swallow my ears make some crackling sound as well. Please help.

Ps another thing
      I experience the same type of dizziness when looking up symptoms online which leans me even more over towards hypochondria

2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      I literally just told you that I definitely do not have Menieres. Jesus Christ...

4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Hi. Salt is real bad if you have tinnitus so try and cut out your salt intake. It also can raise your blood pressure. That could be why you are feeling dizzy. I would recommend you have a blood pressure test. I'm no doctor but I do know salt can cause the symptoms that you are describing.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      Thank you for the reply

6. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is it looking up symptoms online or just looking at the computer screen at anything that makes symptoms worse? It might be the screen.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      I'm not sure, if I'm watching a video I forget about it, but when I read some article I get dizzy. Other times I scroll down and I feel kind of dizzy.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      I can even feel my adrenal glands just working. It's almost like the same feeling I get when I surprised or scared. This might very well be anxiety and hypochondria. I guess it started when my T started honestly, I was way to nervous to the point of throwing up fluids. Anxiety fluctuates for me everyday thanks to this T. I have no hearing loss at all and I apparently have a greater chance of my T going away because of it. The hypochondria part comes from the fact that I still don't believe doctors even when they tell me that there's literally nothing wrong with me, yet I still think that there is. And I'm only 14 and I think I have a serious disease. Which I probably don't but I can't even help myself from getting on the internet and looking up symptoms. Although my T actually goes away sometimes and comes back for a while I can actually forget about it and move on sometimes. It's become less disturbing which is a sign of recovery although I have some sound sensitivity just a tad bit. @Mad maggot

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Salt has zero impact on my tinnitus. Excessive salt is bad for you if you already have hypotension, but the evidence that salt intake can actually cause hypotension is not nearly as compelling. In general, salt is an essential nutrient, and if the kidneys/GI tract are working properly then the body is very good at absorbing what it needs and excreting the rest.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      @linearb Well I had some salty food again, nothing happened. Also my hearing was the same, no fullness and T remained the same. It's probably anxiety. Also my balance is just fine and the dizziness isn't rotational.

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yup, anxiety can definitely do some really, really weird things, and when I'm anxious, the more attention I focus on a specific body part or symptom, the more strongly I'm aware of it -- this is one of the reasons T is such a challenge for me. When I can ignore it for periods of time it's like it's not there at all, but the second I start attending to it, pow, it gets three times louder.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      @linearb yeah like I said before, I can almost feel my adrenal glands pumping. Anxiety makes you pump adrenaline so yeah. Also I think my T is going away since I have no hearing loss apparently. It's been a month and a half now it's getting better.

13. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      well, if it does, definitely protect your hearing! Don't let horror stories on here scare you, tinnitus is temporary for many, many people. In my real life I have known a few other people who have had it as a chronic problem, and probably a dozen people who have had it for weeks/months and then had it resolve.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      @linearb thank you for the positivity! The internet has become a constant stream of negativity for and yet I still go onto it for some reason. I just need someone with the same experiences to tell me it's going to be alright! Especially at my age. Thank you

15. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It sounds like a vestibular disorder or even a type of migraine or possibly you might need glasses. All these things can make you feel dizzy when looking at a computer screen or reading.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      Or BPPV I'm not sure I'll have to check soon.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      @Mad maggot @linearb When I put pressure on my jaw the frequency I guess changes. Is this a TMJ thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It can be but lots of people seem to have it without jaw trouble too.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Venator117

Venator117 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/28
      @Mad maggot i have another question what is the vertigo sensation like? Cause sometimes I get it randomly and then it goes away.

20. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It feels like either the room or you yourself are spinning. Like when you were a kid and maybe you spun yourself round and round and then tried to walk a straight line.

21. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      you don`t get nauseous but it is just impossible to walk straight ... and your body seems to lean into left or roght side. Also when I had it and I turned in my bed the turning of my head would echo for another 30 seconds ... like the movement gets repeated after moving.. it passed after a week and never returned ...

22. Andrey

Andrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015