Do I Have Tinnitus? Help Guys!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by coolio99, Oct 20, 2018.

1. coolio99

coolio99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 Month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I'm an entrepreneur who is working on a great innovation and planning to get married in 2 month.

I got this tinnitus like 2 month ago. I'm still not sure what was the cause.

I had perforated ear drum in my right ear back in 2011 and had a successful surgery for that.

Since then, I only cleaned my ear once at the hospital. I usually clean the outside wax by myself.

Recently, I visited a doctor and he used a syringe to remove the wax. I felt so good and my hearing also improved, then after few days, I got a bad cold and my left ear got blocked due to pressure in the Eustachian tube.

The doctor recommended some antibiotic, then it took like a week to get relieved.

Since then, I have this tinnitus in my right ear (repaired ear). It was driving me crazy so I visited another doctor.

He did a hearing test and some checkups, he said there are no problems in my ear and I have mild hearing loss. He said the shape of the drum is quite different from normal.

I can feel the tinnitus whenever I move my jaw or while eating.

Another strange thing, when my left ear is closed, I don't hear any tinnitus in my right ear, pretty strange!

Whenever there is a wind or fan, my tinnitus is louder. I have very low tinnitus when it's quiet, it's worst when things are louder.

I feel like sounds are passing from my left ear to right ear?

Is it because of cold or after syringe? Only God can explain...

My tinnitus is like a machine working inside my head or ear... Sorry for my bad English, it's my second language. Hope someone advises better.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For beginner, it will take a while to get used to ringing in ears.
      Hoping you may habituate your tinnitus very soon.
      We all go through this stage.

3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      There is a lot here that could be your potential cause of tinnitus. I think it may have something to do with your eustachian tubes, antibiotic use, or sinuses. You say that you "feel" your tinnitus whenever you move your jaw or while eating which could be a TMJ issue or also point again to a eustachian tube issue because moving your jaw opens and closes your tubes. To be honest you have had it for less than two months so its hard to figure it out because it may potentially just disappear on its own, which in the majority of cases it does. I would suggest talking with an ENT about these issues to see if he can help you figure it out. If you do have mild hearing loss due to noise induced damage than you also might have damaged the hairs in your ear causing the tinnitus as well.

I hope that can be informative.

All the best,

Jack