Do Not Buy Remington Arms

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tim Dahl, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Tim Dahl

Tim Dahl Member

45 years ago, my Remington Model 660 rifle discharged in a 20 foot travel trailer while my father was unloading it.

A lifetime of tinnitus has been the result for me.

After all this time, I've learned that Remington Arms has been installing faulty triggers for over 1/2 a century, and they know it.

Thousands of accidental discharge reports that they kept hidden until discovery in class action suits (including a man who shot and killed his young son because of the issue).

As a result of the class action, Remington is offering me a $12.83 credit on their web store so long as I sign away my rights to further pursue their fault for my hearing deficit.

I still have the rifle; hasn't been fired since way back then. I keep it in case I can use it for evidence somehow.

DO NOT BUY REMINGTON ARMS!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      Hi @Tim Dahl - It was unfortunate that you happened to be nearby when your father discharged his rifle and, as a result, you had to suffer tinnitus.

It certainly has been a long time since that event and I would like to know how you have (apparently) successfully managed to handle this malady? I gather it must have been (or still is) rather severe and I am curious to know what treatments (if any) and coping mechanisms you have used to deal with your persistent tinnitus?

Wishing you well.

Barbara

3. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      $12.83 dang..._:(

4. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I'm so sorry. How old were you when it happened? How bad is your T? This is a very sad story. God bless you