Do Not Listen to the Anointed

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Leodavinci, May 24, 2018.

1. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Here is an excellent youtube video by the director of the movie "Fat Head".
      Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds

It is long but it is worth it.

He makes a powerful case for the wisdom of crowds as a better source of nutrition information than doctors and national health organizations. I think this powerful idea applies to Tinnitus and hearing health as well. I have written about nutrition sciences' catastrophic failure at figuring out what a healthy diet is and giving out dangerous advice in the past. When my otologist recommended intratympanic membrane injections for hearing recovery. I read all the literature and quickly learned there was no evidence that the procedure helped. It would no doubt help his wallet. I have a very hostile attitude toward allopathic medicine today. The system is broken and the medical professions are run by greed.

2. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Fat Head, great movie! Very low amount of money went into production but he made a really good movie there.
      Media promotes high carbs low fat and then gives you heavy medicines. While high fat, low carbs actually gets results.

I now live by the rule of eating virtually all foods, non-processed and fresh. Actually I like the paleo diet. I also have seen people on it look a lot better (younger) after starting it at about 1 year in.
      He also talks about going paleo at the end of his movie.
      Good video btw.