Do TMJ and Neck Problems Worsen Hyperacusis LDLs?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sevv, Feb 25, 2021.

?

Do your TMJ and/or neck problems worsen your Loudness Discomfort Level (LDL)?

1. Yes, without TMJ and/or neck problems I can tolerate louder noises without pain

2. No, my LDL stays the same with or without TMJ and/or neck problems

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hello everyone. I hope you guys are doing well.

Lately my hyperacusis seems slightly worse. I do have occasional temporary setbacks (as in burning pain for some hours or days) after loud noises but my neck and jaw aren't doing too great either (I'm a stomach/side sleeper). I'm trying to find out the reason for my worsening, although anxiety might also play a role. So I was wondering how much your TMJ and/or neck problems affect your LDL. TMJ and neck issues certainly can cause pain and stiffness in your head. But I'm interested if they can actually lower your LDL and I guess this would be an interesting question for many here.

Does anybody have experience whether TMJ/neck problems affect your LDL? As in: Do TMJ/neck exercises or a mouthguard improve your LDL, or was your LDL worsened by a head or neck injury?

2. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      Chin tucks make my hyperacusis worse, make my head feel like it’s on fire. My neck and jaw are messed up, thinking about getting an occipital nerve blocker. Is your hyperacusis on one side predominately?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      About equal, maybe a bit worse on the right side.

4. NewLionel

NewLionel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      headphones
      When something is predominantly on one side, it’s a big indicator of what the problem is.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Enlighten me. :)

My first noise trauma was more on the right side, but after my two setbacks it's harder to tell whether one is worse than the other.