Do You Experience These? (A Few Ways How I Can Temporarily Decrease My Tinnitus)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leqi, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Leqi

Leqi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin Ear drop
      My first post here after being a member for 2years, some of you already know my story

I got my T from an neomycin ear drop 2 years ago. My T developed immediately to an unbearable degree after using ear drop with an undetected eardrum perforation.

I have ultra high pitched hissing in both ear, the T in my right ear which I put the ear drop in, is absolutely horrendous. A loud buzzing - makes me feel like sitting in an airplane at nights and a loud screaming/beeping which is absolutely mind draining.

However, I do found some interesting things I experience, which have been mentioned before by other members, I have no idea why

1. I can temporarily stop my buzzing and beeping in my right ear by putting little finger in my ear canal, seal and pull out to make a vacuum force. Once I release my finger, the ringing comes back

2. Similar as above, it can be done by gently press my tragus and move it backwards to make a vacuum in my ear canal as well.

3. If I press my right tragus really really hard, my buzzing and beeping fade away while pressing.

4. If I do a valsalva maneuver or stand upside down, or any activity that can increase the blood pressure in my head. When i feel my head is full of blood, my ringing will decrease to a bearable level.

I have seen some people talking about the same things here. Anyone else experiences these as well? It may be worth to discuss. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leqi

Leqi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin Ear drop
      Anyone please?

3. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      No luck here on those

4. Mikie_Mike

Mikie_Mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Ear Infection/Prescription Drugs?
      I've had Tinnitus for about 7 weeks, that came on during/after a viral ear infection. Because of the short amount of time, I'm still trying to figure mine out. During the infection/treatment, mine would probably peak at 10/10 ... it was driving me crazy, but if I was in a quite room, it would lower. After the treatment, I'd guess it peaks at 5/10, which is still unnerving (at least for me). Anyway, the few things I've done so far to "reduce" the perceived volume are:

- Xanax (0.5 mg) at night seems to take it down to a very low level, and I can easily sleep. I can deal with this a lot better when I get a good nights sleep.
      - Sudafed - for some reason, this takes it down too ... often my ears feel stuffy.
      - Yawning, or "popping my ears", seems to help some.
      - Listening to what I believe is my Tinnitus frequency (8 KHz), will help ... especially if I repeat it over about 20 seconds, and I'm in an otherwise quite room. This seems to last until a lot of normal noise sets the Tinnitus off again.
      - Laying on an ear in bed, so it gets no noise ... I turn and do this to each ear as I'm trying to go to sleep. The Tinnitus can go to 0/10, at night, which I'm thankful for.

What really sets it off are just a lot of normal noises, like you might hear riding your bike, in a restaurant, or even listening to music. Also, if I'm really tired, it seems to get worse. By the way, I don't shield my ears for daily noises ... based on my ENT's advise. He said the ears/brain to re-calibrate (my term).

I'm resigned to having this for life, but would like to at least keep it at a lower "perceived" volume. It doesn't bother me much at a 1 or 2, but I start to have anxiety when it gets greater than 3 ... I think because I remember it at 10/10, and I was miserable. Mine also seems to go up and down, and bounce from ear to ear. I know everyone is different, so I hope this helps someone.

5. Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress