Do You Know of Any Way to Get the Body to Produce More GABA?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm looking for something I can take that will help me naturally produce more GABA. I'm thinking it would really help me calm down more.

Ideally, it would be great if it was a natural supplement but I am willing to hear about prescription drugs.

Any suggestions?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Lentra contains precursors of GABA...

http://sanescohealth.com/targeted-nutritional

• Informative Informative x 2
    3. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      There are several herbal supplements that promote the production of GABA. I personally take Passion flower drops and Pharma GABA as it increases it and helps calm my anxiety.

L-Theanine and KAVA are other GABA promoters but I think KAVA has some precautions.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks so much for responding. How many drops of passion flower and how much Pharma GABA do you take every day? Also, what time of day do you take it? How does it make you feel and how long does it last for?

5. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I take 15 drops of Passion Flower when my anxiety is high and my heart won't chill out. If it's moderate I'll just take 10 drops. The first time I tried it I just took 5 to help me sleep and I was out in 10 minutes. It's not a sedative like Valerian Root. So don't worry of it feeling like a sedative. You just feel calm and more relaxed because it promotes GABA.

I've been using it for 2 years. initially to help me go to sleep. Worked amazingly well. And I used it for my new found anxiety and still works wonders. Takes 5-10 minutes to feel the effects. The instructions say you can take I think 30 drops in one sitting more than once a day so I'm well under the recommended dose. For my anxiety it can last from 1-3 hours. I just take it as needed.

Same for the PharmaGABA. I get these chewable tablets and I'll take up to 2 tablets 3 times a day if needed. But lately I may only take it once or twice. With the PharmaGABA you can take it regularly 3 times a day if you want to have good GABA levels every day if you really are struggling. That's what I did in the beginning. Took it 3 times a day no matter what so stayed leveled anxiety wise.

PharmaGABA can take up to an hour to feel it. So Passion Flower drop is a lot more fast acting. And again, none of these act like sedatives. You just feel calmer. Kinda like with Magnesium. And the Passion Flower drops, they say put it in water, I just skip that and just drop em right in my mouth. Better for when you are ready to doze off in bed and not have to wake up and go to the restroom.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Very informative! Thank you so much!