Does Anyone Else Feel Their Tinnitus Is Karma Kicking Your Ass? Where Else Should I Donate?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AlexSongitus, Feb 6, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. AlexSongitus

AlexSongitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Funny story..haha. I originally got my T from spending 3 days playing with my new toy music software...FL studio...that I thought at the time was much too expensive for something that I didn't even know I would like.

So of course, I did what any other poor musician would do, and found a cracked version! As a musician I always wanted to support others, but I did this anyway.

Not only that, but I do this at a time, when I'm in the middle of a kitchen project, re-painting the kitchen cabinets for my mother, which I took my sweet time with...much too long to the point where any woman would suffer from severe mental anguish(and she did!) seeing her little kitchen space, completely and totally upside down, all because I wanted to be a perfectionist and turn a simple re-paint job, into a work of professional re-modeling, that nobody asked for and dragged on for months!

All of this could have been avoided, had I just worked on the freaking cabinets that day!

Well $800 and counting....in doctor's appointments, deciding to become a benefactor to this amazing community, and to other T research groups, I think I have learned two important points here:

Moral of the story:
      1.Kids, don't pirate music software, it will cost you more in the long run! Pirated versions might be broken and cause your ears harm!

2. And guys, whatever you do, do NOT put off your mother's, wive's, girlfriend's kitchen for any longer than they can stand. If you can just slap some paint on it in a week and be done, please don't get cute.

Or else, you will get Tinnitus!

PS: Where else is the best place to donate for research?

2. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      Sorry to tell you the truth, but save the money you intend to give toward research, because the treatment for your recently emerged T, while being a poor musician, will cost you enough.
      I personally do not think in karma and I do not think that donating some money would "repair" it.
      You feel that you got your T because you were "bad".
      Getting sick is not because "we were bad". Have a look at this forum. Dozens and dozens of members that had absolutely no guilt in getting their T.
      One member was born deaf and T is the only sound he ever heard before getting a cochlear implant. What was his fault in being born deaf and with T? He is the reincarnation of somebody who was very bad? What makes you believe that? The "karma" theory? What prove you have that this "karma" is more than just a theory?
      I have seen too much horrible, outrageous injustice in this world to believe that everything is fair, because anything bad that happens to somebody was well deserved because that person is the reincarnation of somebody who has done a lot of harm in a presumed previous life, life from which he remembers nothing. If that was true, this is not a forum of an "amazing community", like you said, but a forum of reincarnated evil people. Let's be serious! This "karma" theory is just BS.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      My post is supposed to be taken a bit more lighthearted ;)

But I certainly want to help this community, as I feel it's helped me just as much if not more than the money I spent on the doctors so far. If it wasn't for this place, I would have been totally ignorant to this problem. And no I'm not wanting to donate due to Karma, but because I really want to help the cause and obviously, also help myself in the future, if I end up with chronic T, which is looking that way.

Doing those things, I regret a little, but donating to this place or a research for Tinnitus would be/ is one of the best things I have ever done with my money!

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      Yeah, donating to this forum is money well spent, as it helps a lot many people in distress. Kudos to Markku and his helpers!

• Like Like x 2
    5. AlexSongitus

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yep that is one thing I will never second guess. Thank you Markku, and everyone else.

So any recommendations as to what the most promising research foundation is out there that is actually really trying to do something about this?

• Good Question Good Question x 1