Does Anyone Get Lightheaded and Over Weird Things with Their Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by rhull, Mar 27, 2016.

1. rhull
      Alone

rhull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guess I was born with it. Never not known life without T
      Sometimes I get floaters or feel quite nauseas. It feels like I'm not in my head, my vision gets a little weird, like I can see but I can't see.

Experiencing it right now and my T is screaming my head off.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have something else wrong, or if it's just because of my hearing?

I started getting the flu 3 weeks ago today, and am still a little stuffy and not 100% from that. Perhaps it's that.

Seeing a T expert tomorrow, will sound out these things with him.

2. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Same here. For me it doesn't affect my T, but it somehow seems to be related. Seems to be vertigo, since I've read that it can be related to T.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would get your eyes checked out though.
      Good luck with the T expert and hope he/she as a good caring manner .....lots of love glynis

4. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I do but will find it hard to put into words. Every other day my T is on a quieter phase, but it's very high yet quiet. On the noisier days I wake up different sort of tired headachy and tearful, that day is always doomed. The quiet days it's better but sometimes the pitch is like a sensation in my head, like a nerve nipped. I swear the spikes and changes are telling me something, something must be happening in the brain.
      One thing I've finally noticed us I get a spike when I'm hungry, whereas I used to get a blood sugar attack.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah lightheaded and dizzy constantly. At night, I have a hard time walking and bang into things. Sometimes I get the spinning sensation in bed if I turn my head quickly. I found all of this to improve a lot after my ear injury but still hangs around. I believe I am better at handling these things, my eyes and body have adjusted somewhat but still can't compensate enough at times. Doing activities that involve balance seems to help.

• Like Like x 1
    6. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      T expert? There's no such thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      sometimes i get eye floters! but i guess it has nothing to do with t

8. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      I have the inverse effect. I get presyncope (the feeling of fainting to the point of collapse but not fainting) when I'm having a quiet tinnitus day and no feeling faint when I have a bad tinnitus day.

So I feel there is a correlation with the two. There may be a category of blood circulatory tinnitus yet to be studied.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Gigi
      Alienated

Gigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      music
      Hey @rhull same thing! 2 weeks ago I suddenly almost felt like I was going to faint, and my vision got all blurry and I was sweating. Now my vision is still a little off........ What did the expert say?

10. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Have you been checked out for migraine? Migraine and T are closely linked and often come together. Migraine can come without head pain.
      On MRI migraine and T have been shown to light up the same areas. Migraine comes with nausea and visual disturbances too and T in many cases.

11. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      I have had eye floaters since I can remember and I also have aura migraines. They have been with me since I was young, first time I got aura migraine was when I was around 11-12. So that has nothing to do with my T at all.
      I have not noticed any change in my body beside the ringing of course, otherwise I am the same expect having a little harder to hear very quiet noises from afar since the ringing blocks a lot of the sound out.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rhull
      Alone

rhull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guess I was born with it. Never not known life without T
      I think the floaters came because I wasn't eating well. Both times came after a virus.

As for the expert. He said neuromonics. The search continues...