Does Anyone Happen to Know If Reactive Tinnitus Gets Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Nov 11, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 3, 2015
      Well I'm back to to square one. -.-
      I was finally beginning to tolerate my normal tinnitus. I was really happy. I'm not back to square one because it for worse, I'm crying again and fearing for my future because I now have reactive tinnitus on top of my regular tinnitus. It's a wind sound like I said in my last 2 post. I'm really scared. I don't know if I can tolerate it if it does get worse. :(
    2. Mark Beehre

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Wellington, New Zealand
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      Hi @CarloZ

I had a re-occurrence of tinnitus in early November last year which came with sound reactive tinnitus. Louder sounds, e.g. from driving, would cause my tinnitus to wind up and become louder with only sleep being what reset it back to baseline. This went on for sometime, in fact I ended up moving closer to work because I couldn't handle the 30 minute daily commute morning and night from my house in a different part of the city. Just recently, 2 weeks ago I moved home and now do the daily commute without the reactive tinnitus issues. I still have a few days where my tinnitus is worse than others, on those days it's not a volume issue, but a frequency issue. On those days my tinnitus is like that when I wake up. It happens around 2-3 times a week. Hopefully soon it won't happen at all.

Sound reactive tinnitus is difficult to manage, but in most circumstances it comes right after a length of time. For me, it was 9-10 months before things started heading the right direction.

Hope that helps. :)