Does Anyone Know Why HCl Helps?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Laurie1961, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      While mopping this week using bleach and water my T went away !!! The area was ventilated, but my hands and feet (due to being barefoot) got wet. The first day, silence sort of snuck up but the second day it was right away. It seems undeniably related to coming in contact with the bleach water.

Then yesterday T was back on waking and remained until I finished up cleaning today. As an experiment, I purposely stepped on the wet mop with my bare feet. Like a miracle, in twenty minutes T was gone! Only an hour went by after I was done cleaning before T was back. So in despair--my foot dipped in the bucket--and what do ya know? T stopped again-- about ten minutes later. It's back tonight, just not as shrill.

Would anyone know why bleach (sodium hypochlorite) helped? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any one care to experiment?

as a side note--When my T first started-- I was prescribed HCl (hydrogen chloride) for anxiety--and oddly it rid me of the extreme level of T-that the doctor hadn't cared to address.....later Benedryl HCl--had same effect....

2. Booger
      Psychedelic

Booger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Bleach is an anti-inflammatory. Benadryl is also an allergy medication. Try some other antihistamines, maybe a nasal steroid spray aimed at your eustachian tubes.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Booger---That's a good idea----do you mean spray the nasal spray into the ears? I didn't realize bleach was anti-inflammatory---my knuckles have been swollen for along time--and see a rash around them. This never happened before.

4. Booger
      Psychedelic

Booger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      No, google nasal spray use for eustachian tubes.