Does Ear Pain Mean Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by light rain, May 15, 2017.

1. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I was only several feet away when my daughter turned on the blender to make a smoothie. I was reading and not paying attention until I heard the "blast". I jumped up but all it took was one second of that thing. My ear started hurting right away - the one with the loud T of course - as it was closest. That was last night. Pain is gone but ear feels sensitive at times but no difference in the T (surprising). This should hopefully just settle down.

I know the course of action is to protect your ear but I'm having an MRI in a couple of days. I know nothing about ear plugs and they might be supplied but I was going to get some at the store. Any kind I should look out for.

I'm also trying not to stress because my driver is out of town on a trip now so no Valium and I have to drive myself home after the MRI.

Thanks.

Lynn

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Light rain,
      You should be fine from the blender.
      Foam plugs should be supplied and headset for MRI.
      You could take some foam ones to make sure.
      You can also ask them to set the scanner to a child's setting as it's slightly quieter.

Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks Glynis. I plan on asking them for the child's setting - I remember! I was just all set mentally to get this done as I was having some dizzy spells for a few days last week. I thought better to have it done planned out rather than in the ER if I fell again. It just irks me because they didn't even call to tell me they were going out of town- I know they probably just forgot but it makes me feel forgotten. I'm trying to just set my mind on doing this and being undaunted.

I can take the V after I guess :whistle:.

Lynn

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. DT_N_DA_CLUB

DT_N_DA_CLUB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Are blenders even that loud?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Its a little Farberware and it sounds painfully loud to me. I don't think decibels are the factor in causing the pain. A neighbors clock hurt my ear like an icepick. It caused my T to become greatly aggravated in that ear.