Does Neuromonics Treatment Help Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gillian Rayment, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Gillian Rayment

Gillian Rayment Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus surgery, flying
      Greetings All,

Can anyone advise me please as to the Neuromonics therapy.

My pulsating tinnitus began back in 2009 from Sinus, TMJ surgeries and possible flying.

I have simply lived with this horrid problem, but as I am getting older the pulsating has ramped up to a level I feel is now totally unacceptable.

I have had all tests performed to rule out any thing sinister and or invasive and I am simply tired of asking everyone out there to repeat what they say to me.

My life, day and night is now one of misery and my Doctor yesterday recommended I try the Neuromonics therapy.

I understand this therapy will not take the problem away, I would just appreciate the degree of volume in my left ear turned down a bit to make life more bearable.

I live in South Australia and believe there is a testing venue in Sydney which I would be happy to attend even though it may require flying again :(

If anyone has tried this therapy, I would appreciate a response.

Cheers Gillian

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't think sound therapies can help PT, since the root cause isn't neuronal.
      Have you tried to figure out whether you have a vascular loop or something else that could explain the PT?

It seems to me that the best you'll get out of sound therapy is something that drowns your PT a bit. I am unsure that it's what you're looking for.