Does Ringing Caused by Ear Infection Typically Get Better?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keith D Mitchell, Nov 16, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Keith D Mitchell
      Worried

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      Yesterday was perhaps my best day since I've had the ringing in my ears. Seeing how it's been a little under a month now, all I had was a little chirp but mostly silience. THis morning I'm hearing the low pitched Eeeeee, but it's not really noticeable.

Is it usual for ringing caused by infections to die down more so than noise induced ringing, or for that matter to go away? I've finished my 10 days of Amoxcillian and ahve been taking Zinc and Calcium. The right ear isn't popping as much when I swallow now and the fullness feeling is just about gone. I noticed this morning I didn't leak any clear discharge but wax instead, at least I think it's wax.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can go away after a ear infection and when the ear has settled down from inflammation.
      Time is a great healer .....lots of love glynis

3. JohnK
      Lonely

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      It didn't for my brother in law but every infection (and case of T) is different! It seems like you're on the way to recovery! :)

4. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Mine hasn't gone away fully but is significantly less than it was at the time of my infection. It took about nine months for me for my ear to not feel "full" (and it still feels slightly--very slightly--more full than the other but not so bad) but has gone from about a 7/10 to a 1/10 or even 0/10 sometimes in intensity. Of course everybody is different but yours sounds like it will continue to diminish in intensity.