Does Sleeping Position Affect Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by gintas, Jul 22, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      Does anybody experience the same thing: I can sleep while on my back only to turning my face to the left when I turn it to the right it sound increasing very much in right ear. And I can't sleep on right side because it is increasing tinnitus in right ear. Thanks.

Sleeping with pills like lorafen.

p.s. I have had tinnitus for 3 months. Maybe it is from cold but maybe from loud sounds.

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes when I put my ear on the pillow (specially right ) I can hear my t much much much more clearly

3. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      for me it is increasing

4. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      My tinnitus hates me sleeping it doesn't seem to like a still body. It seems to be all over my head anyway so wherever I lay I am affecting it in some way. I'm sleeping with pills but the most it will let me have is a max 3 hours before it wakes me. Often less.

I am envious of those who say they have a good nights sleep and theirs is quieter. Mine screams me awake in the morning

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      I definitely notice my T the most when I'm laying in bed at night, just because it's otherwise silent in the room, and I'm often laying on one of my ears.

I do sometimes notice spikes if I sleep with my neck in a strange position, and sometimes I notice alarmingly loud blasts right as I wake up.

One way or another I guess I've learned to deal with that pretty well, because I literally can't remember the last time this kept me awake at night, or prevented me from going right back to sleep -- even after waking up to an alarmingly loud blast.

6. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I have T in my left ear. When I first got it there was no way I was going to sleep on my left side as the T sounded much louder. It took some time but I was able to then sleep on my left side even with the increased sound . I never did it because I've always slept on my right side. Fast forward to now I have tendonitis on my right shoulder. I switched to sleeping on my left side for the past two weeks to rest my right shoulder. My shoulder in getting much better, and I also sleep fine on my left side. Give it some time and you will be able to sleep whatever way you want.

7. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      For me sleep position plays role in T indesity.
      Sometimes certain positions increase T very much.
      I have left sided a T.
      When iam upright i have less T or no T.
      I can sleep only in soundproof 0db room because of H or sleep disorder.
      i can not affort any masking sound because it is worse than T