Does Sound Reactive Tinnitus Ever Change?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Barbara777, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      This question is for people who have t that gets louder with sound...does the sound reactiveness ever stop? I get it that maybe t will or will not go away, but does the kind that gets louder with noise ever settle down to a steady sound with no reaction? It is so hard to go anywhere anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      Your T is quite fresh so theres a good chance that the reactiveness will fade.
      But there are also bad examples like mine. My T wasn't reactive at first.
      Now 90% of the time it will get louder when exposed to certain noise. But I also have quite severe H.

There's still randomness in this.
      On a good day (1 out of 10) when the day starts with "only" few sounds in my head that are not as loud as usual, the T will stay the same even when exposed to sounds. But those day are so rare.

You could try to slowly "stand" sounds by using something like a room waterfall
      picture.jpg
      it can be effective in overcoming one's inhibition (threshold) level

3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I think yes, but it might not change as much in it's reactiveness as you do in how much you care about it. I think mine reacts less now then it did a few years ago, but I don't know if it's because it has gotten better, I care less about it or a combination of the two. Either way, it does improve.