Does This Symptom Indicate My Tinnitus Is NOT Noise Induced?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hooj Man, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Hooj Man

Hooj Man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for 6 months. First 4 months was very low and could only hear it in silent rooms. I thought it was due to medicine I was taking as the timings made sense.

But the last 2 months it got louder after a club I went to on NYE so I assumed it is noise induced after-all. I am 29 and have a long long career of partying, gigging, headphones on etc, so it's not really a surprise to me if this is the case.

The tinnitus is a high pitched ringing that remains constant.

However this is not always the case. Once or twice a month my right ear will 'pop' and the T will get louder and dissipate back to base level in about 10 seconds. Like something has happened in my ear causing it to do something...

Is that a typical or expected symptom of noise induced tinnitus? I also feel a slight pressure in this ear too when it happens.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Jack Sparrow
      Drunk

Jack Sparrow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      One Month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Sounds like spontaneous fleeting T to me but get a doctor's opinion

Captain Jack

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Sounds like the likely culprit.

Sounds like fleeting Tinnitus. Very common, and not an indication of one root cause vs another, AFAIK.

4. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Yeah id say high pitched ringing is noise induced T, and its just fleeting T. Its scary but its normal you should hopefully find it happens less frequently but iv found it very much linked to food. Had chinese one night and got fleeting T due to MSG in the food. Salty processed meat on pizza will cause it as well i think things like that.