Driving Me Nuts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jack.ruig, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Jack.ruig

Jack.ruig Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military service 6 years/mining industry 37years
      I have tinnitus on both ears, for the last 40 years it has gradually gotten worse, I believe it was caused through military service and 37 years on the mining industry, I am compensated for this , But it doesn't help as it sometimes aggravates, some therapys I noticed are , keeping busy, exercising, and healthy eating, all help but none stop it, is there any funding for this disease?

As I'm sure all sufferers have had suicidal thoughts when not able to cope

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Jack,

Thank you for your service!

When you go to an ENT (have you been to one?), he or she will basically tell you there is nothing they can do for you as there is nothing that is FDA recommended to 100% effectively cure tinnitus.

Some folks on here have asked for a prescription to Prednisone, but it has not erased their tinnitus.

Basically, I have been on this site since March 2016 since getting tinnitus myself and it's more or less a "wild west" situation where people try different agents, herbs, vitamins, and techniques in an effort to assuage their tinnitus.

If you are prone to noisy environments (auto repair, construction, entertainment, etc), I would recommend using earplugs.

Check out this site as it is a tremendous resource and good luck!