Dry Fasting

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Hastune, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Hastune
      In pain

Hastune Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Does anyone know if dry fasting helps quieten down tinnitus?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why do you have this idea?

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      You can only try to find out the answer!
      What works for one doesn’t work for another so all you can do is give it a go.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. G H
      Curious

G H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe you can be our guinea pig. Try it out and let us know how it goes. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      It will only work if tinnitus is caused by eating.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. G H
      Curious

G H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Eating induced tinnitus. :dohanimation:

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Written by Liam Boehm

Dry fasting repairs hair cells.
      Don’t believe me?
      Never heard that before?

Let’s look at some clinical tests:
      A new study shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage—a major side effect of chemotherapy—but also induce immune system regeneration by shifting stem cells from a dormant state to one of self-renewal.

In both mice and a phase 1 human clinical trial, long periods of not eating significantly lowered white blood cell counts. In mice, fasting cycles then “flipped a regenerative switch” changing the signalling pathways for hematopoietic stem cells, which are responsible for the generation of blood and immune systems.

So, that shows that fasting forces the body to recycle all its old and broken cells to create energy for you to live. Stem cells start to clean out old cells and literally regrow them. And seeing as your broken cochlear hairs are cells...

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      His point was that in his opinion it won't work for anyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Please ignore above. It comes from unreliable source.

10. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Liam Boehm is a scammer preying on tinnitus sufferers.

I will do something on exploiting him later like I did Tonaki Tinnitus Protocol.

Because I failed to get to this thread in time the normies are having a genuine discussion about bullshit. GRRRR.

• Like Like x 3
    11. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is good that you asked.

It is a scam.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Ahahahah just watched a video, what an arrogant asshole. "Don‘t drink tap water, drink Fiji water".

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I can't exploit Liam Boehm as well as I can that other Tonaki Tinnitus Protoocl jackass, but I can show his advertising and emails he sent me (I subscribed to his newsletter), which meets the criteria of spam and contradict what the ATA said about diet changes not permanently reducing tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He also suggests cold showers to reduce tinnitus which is a lot of bullshit. I tried it nothing happened. When I told him he said it does not work for everybody but he should have said anybody.

Have not tried dry fasting yet but I have read in a forum about someone fasting for 30 days on water only and nothing happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    15. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      This (in my opinion) could work. I am devastated after an acoustic incident recently, my tinnitus is now higher than I thought possible. I’m now more devastated than words could express.

Prior to this event, I had been water fasting for up to 8 days at time, my hearing became clearer, tinnitus reduction of at least 50 percent. All of you that know me, know that I have struggled endlessly for years with zero change until I cleaned up my body. After almost 5 years of hell I had it down to a place that was livable, yes it was still a heavy disability, concentrating lacking, hyperacusis etc, but I was able to get through the day quite comfortably without contemplating suicide and was sleeping extremely well. I could get up early, do some things around the house, although not better, and still struggling, I was a human being again. I wasn’t having a nervous breakdown hourly anymore.

Now, well I’m back to where I was 5 years ago, a nervous wreck, tinnitus is loud and extremely painful. I can handle the annoying part, but when the pitch/loudness gets to a point that it actually causes a painful sensation in the brain, this is where I go crazy. I had the pitch down to a place where I could watch TV and forget about it completely at times, it’s all about the signal quality and loudness of tinnitus for me. If it’s there and in the background blending with other sounds it is annoying but livable, but if it’s the way it is now, well, I won’t be living like this for very long. I really thought I was done forever with this type of thinking, now it’s like I have gone back in time to this horrendous place of terror.

I think as you feel better, you can sometimes forget how bad things were, I don’t want to say what I did to worsen because it’s ridiculous, let’s just say it was 110-120 decibels for about 40 min with foam plugs, not enough protection if your ears/brain are already messed, massive mistake. If you get better, or somewhat better, please don’t make the same mistake as I did, I have additional hearing loss now, distortion when I or others talk. Any words with s in it sound like a screeching noise in my brain, even if extremely softly spoken.

I honestly had no idea things could get like this, I already had crippling tinnitus in the past, but after this new experience I believe the brain can generate any volume that it wants, there are no limits to this. I can see why people off themselves before waiting things out. In my experience after 5 years, can we quiet it, I think so. I believe time, lots of time (years maybe if bad enough) fasting/ detoxing, relaxing, lots of sleep, exercise etc etc. I choose to believe this based on my own experience, if you asked me this 2 years ago I would have said no way, it is what it is, get use to the hell. Well, what a arrogant dick I was, some people say it can go away completely after years of hell, I now do not doubt anything when comes to this strange affliction.

We know that tinnitus is not just a issue with the ear, there is a lot that is misunderstood. When fasting the body goes into hyper repair, including the brain, this is all proven and well documented, look into it.

People have been using fasting for healing for ages now. We are brain washed into somehow believing that eating 3 meals a day is a good thing, this is proven to be extremely unhealthy, keeps the body inflamed etc

Before anyone knocks this method, maybe give it a try, just be careful and look into doing it properly, work your way up. The first thing I noticed was age spots and scars disappearing, clearer vision, I was shocked. Then after some time, my tinnitus and hearing started to improve dramatically . I honestly thought if I did this a few more times I could fully recover, go back to work maybe, i was sure not there, but I was at least on my way. Maybe those with minor ear damage can heal faster than I.

I will give this a go again when I feel I can, I am so terrified at the moment, just like when I first got it 5 years ago, I can’t sleep for more than a hour, I’m taking benzos out of desperation even though they do nothing, this is not the right time for me as I’m a complete mess and feel that I maybe won’t get lucky again. When I shake the anxiety and terror of living like this forever, I will give it a go again. As of right now, it is just not possible for me.

If you read my posts over the years, yes I didn’t believe anything would help. For those of you that are new, give it time, I’m not talking habituation here, I’m talking actual real reduction. Some tinnitus is unliveable, like mine at the moment, having battled this once, i now believe that things can change over time, although somehow I still have doubts this time around for some reason, like maybe I pushed it too far, the mind goes into dark places when we can’t cope. I get this feeling that maybe I just somehow had some kind of miracle happen, and I squandered it away.

I believe taking drugs and other things will only set you back further, clean the body up and watch what happens, you may just get enough reduction to move forward.

Trash away if you want, I’m not selling anything, I’m not promoting anyone, I’m just sharing my own story, maybe it gives hope to those that know habituation is not possible with their level of tinnitus, and need real reduction. Time my friends

Thanks

Telis

—sorry if terribly written, I haven’t bothered to edit—

• Like Like x 10
      • Hug Hug x 10
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    16. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Telis,

I thought your piece was actually very well written, especially since you didn't edit it. -- I'm sorry to hear what a difficult time you're going through. I hope you can see some improvements again soon. -- Your story makes me want to be extra vigilant going forward, and never get lackadaisical about protecting myself from any kind of exacerbations. So I thank you for sharing it with us.

I've done extensive research into fasting, and many years ago, came across a book written by a chiropractor, with a copyright date going back to the 1950's. He routinely put his patients on fasts of varying lengths, and documented his results in his book. He had before and after x-rays of people, some with severe scoliosis (S-shaped spine). After 10-21 days of fasting, it was amazing to see how these deformed spines were able to regain their original shape.

I think it's just one more indication of the power of fasting. It seems to allow the body to go into some kind of major realigning and balancing, sort of like tuning into our original blueprints of health--or something like that. THIS POST I wrote earlier today expounds a bit more on my take on fasting, and its potential implications for people with damaged/traumatized ears/brains.

All the Best to You...

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi @Telis, just read your post....this is amazing, you say your tinnitus was reduced by 50%....Maybe it can go back down again....If only mine did a 50.....Just keeps getting worse.

Yes you really have to be careful with tinnitus, from my experience just as you begin to sort of get used to a certain level (when I say used to, I mean not wanting to off yourself) then you let your guard down and get hit with some noise that brings it up to a new level - I also am going through the same thing now as got hit by a noise while shopping at Home Depot.

How exactly do you "clean up " your body?

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Hi Telis!
      So sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope you can repeat the success you had with fasting.

I’ve been researching fasting and keto diet for some time now and your story is really encouraging because I know how bad you had it.

Just wanted to ask, if you feel well enough to answer, how did you do it exactly?
      When did you start seeing improvement?

Were you taking any supplements?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    19. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Hi valeri,

No nothing, just water, and then tapered off with fruit, vegetables, eggs, and other easy to digest. I think it was the purging of all the chemicals and drugs in my system that helped.

I did get somewhat better, I was in a place where things were livable, but my tinnitus is worse now, I had a acoustic trauma about a month ago, lost a lot more hearing, still in shock. I can’t repeat with the fasting at this point, I can barely make it through the day, I thought it was bad before, this is unimaginable. I’ve been sleeping with loud tinnitus for years, even given advise to others here, but at this point I can’t sleep more than 10 min at a time, I pass out and am woken with screaming so loud I can hear it while I sleep, have to move my head around or it gets very painful, especially for the ear that is on the pillow, have to switch every couple of minutes, can’t stay still. I’m exhausted and run out of energy for this crap. Not sure how to even get through a day anymore. I’m on two hours of the worst sleep around for 5 weeks now. I can pop pills, it doesn’t matter, it’s too loud, can’t even drug myself to sleep.

I can see why people off themselves if it gets bad enough, it can get to the point where it’s unmanageable and just bullies you until you can’t take it anymore and forces you out, even if you really don’t want to go. I didn’t think it could get like this for some stupid reason, just another idiot that thought he had it as bad as it can get. Ive had it in about 4 stages, every time I have a major worsening/accident I think that is it, no way it can get worse, well I don’t think there are limits to this condition. People giving advise here, you might as well just stop, the old me with crippling tinnitus, has no advise for the new me with suicidal tinnitus, they are completely different conditions. I should be a expert by now, I’m not, no one is.

I think I read here so many times that’s it all about your reaction, and not the tinnitus that I almost believed it somehow, maybe a little brain washed as it’s a nice thought, I got careless, had to have a mri done, it’s too loud for just foam plugs and already messed up ears. Stepped out of that machine, could hardly understand the woman that gave the scan, her voice was just a bunch of beeping, hearing came back to a certain extent but I’m now left with suicidal tinnitus, plugged pressure feeling in ears/head and scrambled hearing, everything seems distorted, can hardly stand the TV or any other noise. How can every external sound have loud various tinnitus sounds in it? How can the rattle of my dogs collar be tinnitus? This crap is unimaginable, the brain can really go haywire.

I hope this can calm down, it is absolutely not livable like this. Maybe I could force another fast, not sure I have the strength for that. After this new tinnitus condition i have severe anxiety which I’ve never really had before, tight chest, racing heart, sick feeling, cold all the time, terror etc. Not sure a fast is achievable in this state, but I am convinced it can help to a certain extent, especially if your body is toxic.

• Hug Hug x 6
    20. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I wish I would have done a audiogram, I am possitive that I gained hearing back after the fast. I have had hearing tests (range to 16khz) over the last few years. Major dips starting at 9khz, I experienced what I believe to be a recovery of some hearing, could it be that the toxins in my body were interfering with my hearing, and by removing them I cleaned up audio? Could it be the stem cell response the body goes into after a few days of fasting ? I honestly don’t know, but if you have taken drugs, smoke, drink, have inflammation in the body etc I would maybe give it a shot. Has to be done the right way, not something that you should just dive into.

I remember reading a few posts years ago regarding fasting, I thought it was garbage, but after looking into it I thought it enough evidence to give it a shot. And to my surprise i believe it worked. Prior to this I had had steady, no fluctuation tinnitus no matter what I did. Did it help, I can’t be sure, I’m always a skeptic, but I just don’t know what else would have spontaneously improved my hearing, and my tinnitus.

I can’t remember the member that was advocating fasting here? Maybe someone could tag him if they recall.

• Like Like x 3
    21. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Telis So sorry you are suffering this much. I hope and pray this is just a spike and it will subside for you. May I ask what pills are you taking? Do you have any support at home?? Try to keep in mind that if it went down once it can calm down again. Does taking a shower helps for a few minutes?

I will say a prayer for you tonight. Hope you can start sleeping better soon.
      Once

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      The only one that comes to mind is @joseph Ghass. He was sort of a pioneer on here with keto diet and fasting.
      Maybe he can chip in with some suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    23. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Hi @Telis

I'm just glad to see you're still around.

24. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Thanks. I think I had some uderlaying causes making it worse last time, things like quitting smoking, tapered off Ads, cleaned up my body helped. This time, I don’t really have that to go to.

I have a little support with my gf and mother, but they really don’t know how to relate, not much anyone can do to help anyway.

Taking clonazepam when absolutely loosing it, although doesn’t help much. I’ve been calming down a bit, I’m not waking terrified with heart racing as much, so trying not to take the poison, but unfortunately can still only sleep for 10 min at a time.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Thanks Paul, wish I was back on better terms. I didn’t think I would ever post here again as I was kind of doing okay.

• Hug Hug x 1
    26. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm glad. It's a start. Yes, even our love ones cant understand but it helps to have them around even if its just to talk or make us a cup of tea. :) Or just watch tv together. I find that my little puppy (mini schnauzer) is so calm and comforting it helps me just relax when she sits next to me. Go figure.

When I was at my worst 7 years ago, I took a little Ativan (1/4 of 1mg) Every other day for not more than a month... and it helped me much. Had no trouble stopping it because it was such a small dose and I didn't take it everyday.

Stay positive ok. You will get better again.
      Once

27. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Telis
      Do you mind me asking how many fasting sessions it took to see some improvement?
      Did you start with intermittent fasting first?
      Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    28. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I started with intermittent fasting, I had to, I would have not been able to tolerate otherwise. I did this for about 6 months, 6 hour feeding window, also tried to clean my diet up at that time. I then proceeded to some longer fasts, started with 24-48 hour, built my way to 8 days. I wonder how many people here have tried fasting ? I know there seems to be very little knowledge here at TT, and in the general public regarding the many health benefits of fasting including brain Autophagy which is really quite amazing.

It seems people are willing to try just about anything but snub the idea of fasting for some reason. Maybe it’s just too hard, people want easy these days I guess.

Check out some of the benefits here:
      https://drjockers.com/fasting-improves-brain-function/

• Like Like x 2
    29. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Thank you Telis!
      I’ve heard of many benefits of fasting and I’ve started IF myself. Will slowly build up from here.

Did you you any supplements while on IF or fasting?

• Like Like x 1
    30. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      No problem, no nothing. Just ate light coming off the fasts, fruits and raw vegetables, then gradually get back. It’s strange, after the first few days of not eating, you aren’t actually hungry, it’s more just the comfort of eating that you miss the most. I don’t think most people would experience true hunger for many weeks. It’s just the intial withdrawal of food addiction (24-48hrs) then it’s easy. I had almost too much energy, and complete mental clarity after about three days.

And, I always though not eating equals muscle wasting, not true, just another lie that we have been fed, the body feeds on fat and other garbage.

If you have any other questions PM me.

• Like Like x 3