Dymista Spray — Eustachian Tube Dysfuntion Related Tinnitus Maybe?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chris M, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Chris M
      Bashful

Chris M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello TT,

I have been dealing with contact tinnitus (high pitched) and Eustachian tube dysfunction since April. This occurred after a sinus infection. The other day, my ears seemed a bit more clogged and I experienced a loud tinnitus in my right ear, that felt more clogged. This put me into a panic and I though I was going deaf.

I went to an ent immediately and had them check my hearing. They said my results were normal and the results actually seemed better than my first hearing test back in April when the tinnitus began. So they weren't convinced that I was going deaf.

I described my symptoms to the PA and she prescribed me Dymista. She said I needed to be on an anti histamine and a steroid to reduce inflammation of my ETD. I was previously on sensimist ONLY. I have used Dymista for about two days now and have not seen too much improvement.

Has anyone ever heard of ETD causing constant 24/7 tinnitus if the ears aren't clogged the moment? Has anyone heard of someone recovering from ETD related tinnitus? How long should I allow this medicine to work before I can rule out that the medication isn't helping? Any opinion helps!!!!!!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Antihistamines will reduce mucus in your tubes and a steroid nose spray will help.
      I find after using a nose spray and pinch my nose and blow softly a couple of times I swallow mucus from my tubes and the pressure settles a bit.
      love glynis

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Keelogues100

Keelogues100 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been prescribed dymisa nasal spray for blocked sinisus and blocked ears and it has made my hearing very low .is this possible side effect I have stopped using it now