Ear Air or Vein Sound When Pressing Ear Closed and Pushed Up

Discussion in 'Support' started by I_Detest_Ringing, Jan 24, 2018.

1. I_Detest_Ringing

I_Detest_Ringing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe Otitis Media
      Hey guys I've got an ongoing hiss in my right ear. I've found that if I press the ear closed, then push up, I get a squirting sound like air or blood in a vein gushing. My other ear doesn't do this, nor did my bad ear until the tinnitus started.

Please try it, push the little ear flap over so it closes your earhole, THEN push or roll upwards on the flap. Does it hiss? Any ideas guys?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I_Detest_Ringing

I_Detest_Ringing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I've had a right ear static crackle sound for 4 months or so, driving me mad. I have to say it's not like any tinnitus example sounds I've heard online, nor is it like the sound you get after being at a concert (I always wear earplugs anyways!)

The thing I notice is, and I hope someone can comment on or try this; When I press my right ear closed using the little ear flap that fits the hole, if I press it closed and kind of roll my finger across the flap from the bottom upwards while pressing it, I hear a HSSSSSSSS sound , the exact same sound / amount of air or blood moving every single time. Press your ear closed and dig in from the bottom of the flap, and try it . My other good ear does not do this, and I'm sure this is a factor in what's going on.

Could it be air escaping or something? I had vents in my ears as a child in the 80s and since had them removed, never a problem with hearing since. I'm wondering could my ear drum have a micro rip or tear and the hiss is air from ear canal hissing through it? Or could it be a ballooned vein and when i press it, the blood flow is cut off and the hisss sound is it squirting? I get a weird sound distortion around 3 / 4 kHz which is a pain as a big rock music snare drum or the cymbals seem to distort and sound weird ; or could it be that those 3/4khz are making a perforated eardrum "fart" like a broken speaker cone??

Any suggestions would be great, my ear seems a little better this week but that sound just came on again and made me post this!

Also , if I rub my head or crinkle my hair across my scalp, the high pitched element of the sound seems to conduct through my skull, momentarily silencing the HSSSSS crackle, like it's cancelling out, but then it just starts up again, scratching my beard produces the same effect!

3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I've had a hiss for 2yrs is eustachian tube. Maybe you hear ear fluid?
      Sounds like you have inflammation.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I_Detest_Ringing

I_Detest_Ringing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can manually crackle my ears, if they crackle can they still be inflamed or closed ?? I have also no hearing loss either