Ear Feels Blocked — There Is No Blockage: Is It Safe to Fly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by FrontRoomFanatic, Nov 21, 2019.

1. FrontRoomFanatic
      Dreaming

FrontRoomFanatic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Damage (Music)
      I have tinnitus and it appeared in June for the first time. High pitched tone. I get a lot of wax build up went to get my ears cleaned out. Which I have done many times in the past (can’t say if it contributed to tinnitus). But this time the clinician showed me that there is no wax at all. So I’m not sure if this is the ‘fullness’ people on here talk about? My hearing is a little muffled also. But ultimately I’m not sure what this is.

My main concern is if I am able to fly with this, or could it be dangerous to do so? Would appreciate some advice/guidance please.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If this were me and I could clear my eustachian tubes easily and didn't have any symptoms of a sinus infection, I'd probably fly and not worry much.

3. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      When you ask if you can fly with this, I wasn't sure if you are referring to tinnitus or wax build up? I have high pitch tinnitus (no wax build up) and fly all the time. It never affects my tinnitus in the long run. That said, it might be beneficial to ask your clinician.

4. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Agree with the above, but would recommend earplanes to help with the noise and pressure.

• Agree Agree x 1