Ear Feels Weird After Hearing a Chainsaw Outside?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sarah200, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Hi all

Ok so I was relaxing in my room and had the window open and out of nowhere I hear a really loud noise outside and it was next door using a chainsaw.

I quickly closed my window but my ears had already been exposed to it.

I went back to relaxing but then about 10mins after I could feel pressure in my left ear and a new sound.

I'm just wondering why am I feeling pressure in my ear or a feeling of something stuck in it and can't hear as well?

Was it the chainsaw?

My ears have also become very sensitive to noises now which I've not had before, I was feeling so positive and happy and then this happens.

I don't know how long I can take this I just want to give up and let Tinnitus win.

Is it temporary cause I don't think I could live with this, I'm seeing the ENT tomorrow but I'm so upset I just don't know what to do.

2. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      How far was the chainsaw....unlikely it was close enough to do damage. They are 110 decibels to the user.

3. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      I’m sure you will be fine. I doubt the amount of time that you were subjected to would make a difference. It’s probably your anxiousness about it that’s making you feel like that.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I was in my bedroom and next door, he was near his front door which is just under my window. I was only exposed for about a minute.

I was going to update as if just got back from going to the shops with my sister she took me out to ASDA to try and forget and I was so happy when I still couldn't hear my T outside, I couldn't even hear it in ASDA but the pressure feeling meant I could not hear in ASDA very well everything was muffled, so I told my sister I'll walk home, and I enjoyed hearing silence and hearing the wind and trees and I was starting to relax with the sunshine on me and when I got home I realized the pressure feeling was gone and all I can hear now is my T very loud in my left ear, I'm still not sure what the pressure feeling was or why it's now left but am glad it's gone , I'm not sure if it's because I relaxed or because there was a different pressure outside that helped.

I was thinking of taking a Sudafed just in case is anything to do with my sinuses?

5. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It probably was just your anxiousness getting the better of you. Going for a walk sounds like it’s done you good. With the weather being the way it is, if you suffer from allergies taking an antihistamine may help as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      Thanks JCB, I'm already taking antihistamines as I'm allergic to mold spores and dust mites and funny enough before I went out I remembered I hadn't taken my antihistamine today so took one before going out , maybe my antihistamine helped?

Do you think I should take a sudafed just in case it was sinus related?

7. Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just wait and see how you feel, it may be sinus related but I do think it was your anxiety. If your ear still feels funny then take one and see if that helps.

• Agree Agree x 1