Ear Fullness...

Discussion in 'Support' started by glennr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all.

So i'm on my way to my 4'th year with tinnitus.

It has basicely worsened every year for me, going from mild one toned T in one ear to now multiple toned T (high pitched etc) in both ears.

It was about 3 months ago it went from one sided T to both sided. And now just abit over a month ago i got a sensation with "mild" ear fullness in this ear. I have visited 2 ENT's and checked my hearing both times and they say everything is normal..

The fullness is really bothering me and the T realy screams in this ear, even if its not "completely full". I do try to equalize the pressure but there little to none relief. I'm taking nose sprays, nose cleaners etc but nothing seems to help.

Is there anyone here with a somewhat similar experience or any tips?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glennr Ive had same thing happen to me. Went from mild T to really high pitch T in both ears with ear fullness and /fluttering sensation. Feels like I need to pop my ears but when I do there's very little, if any, relief. I'm currently trying Physical therapy and chiro. I just started this week so don't have an update yet. I feel like my jaw may have something to do with it as well so I'm going to ask my dentist to look at that. I'll keep you updated. I've had my symptoms for about 4 months now.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Im sad to hear that @TeresaD .. I do hope you will get some relief after physical therapy and chiro.

The thing is that i dident get the fullness feeling at the same time i got the new tone in the new ear, it came some month's after.. and logically i think that if i get the litle fullness away i can get some relief... i dont know :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @glennr

Ear fullness can be a symptom of a mild Eustachian tube disfunction. I had some ear fullness also in my case, but I think that is related to some unwanted microbial activity (most likely of the symbiotic commensal type). Your T is progressing slowly, and that happened to me also. My T is characterized for many sound types that tend to cycle in periods the 2-3 days. My hypothesis is that I have a microbial symbiotic overgrowth in the middle that is doing nothing except producing tinnitus as the colony ebbs and flows. I have been treating it with no-sugar/no-carbs diet, probiotics, and antifungals for about a year and now I am starting to see good results. Some secondary symptoms that I had experienced are foul taste in the mouth, and saliva thick texture, but there were mild and easy to overlook. It some of those symptoms and the T description sound familiar to you, then maybe you should consider to look into having a check for Candida overgrowth.

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glennr
      Wishful

glennr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello @InfiniteLoop and thanks for the reply! Im not sure what it is.. im not to good in english but my last ENT did mention something with a litle none coloured mucus in the end of my ear (while looking with a camera trough my nose) and my "ear drum" was abit slow while trying to equalize the preassure. Thats why i need to rinse my nose daily and i also got some nose spray.

I also do hope my T will get stable, but with my fourth year comming its getting abit more difficult all the time:( And with this fullness on top of it its not getting any easier :p

Its a good tip with the diets, but since i got T i have tried alot of them, not all but surely alot included no carbs / sugar but it dident affect my T, not at the time atleast, would be nice if it actually would :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. miodragdimic
      Scared

miodragdimic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello I know this is an old post but has your ear fullness improved since I'm facing the same problem?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. CMIH

CMIH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I don't know what is causing your sensation of ear fullness, but I can tell you that in my case (I had that feeling of fullness like there's water or something in your ears) the ENT doctor told me that people who have newly experienced hearing loss sometimes experience a sense of fullness in their ears. Do you feel like you have a "dead zone" in your hearing? That's how I felt along with the fullness.