Ear Infection Causing Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EmanuelMacavei, Jan 31, 2016.

1. EmanuelMacavei
      Confused

EmanuelMacavei Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/30/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/ETD
      Hey guys, I was in bed watching a youtube video with an earphone in my left ear and then all of the sudden, I heard "tinnitus" I panicked and put music on and slept though it thinking that it was going to be normal. I then woke up the next morning with it still ringing. Im only 16 and I hate this. I went to the doctor and they said that I had a left ear infection they prescribed predisone and amoxacillin, I took 2 doses of Predisone. I later went to an ent and they did hearing checks and my hearing was just fine they said that there was no sign of hearing loss. My ent said that it will go away within a few months maybe even 6 months. But my only confusion is how in the world did i get T with just a headphone in my ear, I never felt like I had an ear infection and whats scaring me most now is in my left ear the "infected one" im hearing a steady Ddddddddd and in my left I hear a ddd ddd dd ddd ddd d dd d, kind of like a arcade. It bothers the heck out of me and Im getting more and more scared. My parents are going to scheduled another appointment because of my t changing. Im really scared. ":(

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EmanuelMacavei
      Confused

EmanuelMacavei Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/30/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/ETD
      edit: I never really exposed myself to loud sounds and sometimes i would get hearing loss like really loud T that would last for like 5-6 seconds then it would go away. Could this be a sign of permanent t ? ;(

3. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Tinnitus, Pulsatile Tinnitus, or Myoclonus can all be temporary or permanent, sure. At time we don't know. You're in a stage we have all been in at; the initial stage. You're really freaked out and you're fearing the worst. Everyone of us was just as freaked out as you are now. Just realize that your brain adjusts to it. Right now it is on high alert, experiencing something that has been totally alien to your experience. Try to notice your own response to something that can't kill you(the sound), and find some simple mindless things to do that you can get lost in. After some time you can switch to some things that require more though.
      Oh, yeah, and this story is alot like mine. Listening to some stuff at night and *POP*, there it goes. I don't think you have an infection either. Your sound even reminds me of my condition(myoclonus). Ask your ENT about it and describe your symptoms.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EmanuelMacavei
      Confused

EmanuelMacavei Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/30/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/ETD
      its just funny to me that even the ENT just counsel you look in your ear and say its temporary. My hope is slowly getting diminished but I have faith in God.

5. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Hmmm.... Not all medical doctors(ENT's or otherwise) are just as competent or attentive. If you get dismissed by him when you go back in again, and he doesn't answer your questions intelligently, talk to your parents about getting a second opinion. If it is myoclonus, you can have a surgery to fix it permanently, try some muscle relaxers or get some botox injections to subdue it, or wait it out just like the other types(Pulsatile Tinnitus also has some treatable causes, but this doesn't sound like that).
      I would ask you to describe your symptoms more, but I can't treat you anyway. Make sure you do what you can to not be stuck with a lazy doctor. And yeah, you're not in charge of providence; just do what you can.

6. vanderlae
      Doh

vanderlae Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2nd
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amoxicillin pill
      Hey, I hope you're okay now. Just try not to be super stressed about it. I got "Tinnitus" almost 5 days ago and I haven't been stressed and I can definetly hear a change