Ear Ringing / Pain So Bad It Hurts My Throat?

Discussion in 'Support' started by echosata, Aug 14, 2018.

1. echosata

echosata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Is this possible?

My left ear ringing has been really bad today. Whenever I feel actual pain in the ear, I feel it in the left side of my throat.

On the other hand the air in my city is absolutely horrid (thanks wildfires!) and just stepping outside tastes like smoke. So maybe my throat is just sore.

Also, both my ears feel like they need to pop. Whenever I swallow food or move my jaw I heard a kind of popping in both ears. Any advice?

Thank you all so much, BTW. I'm new to the tinnitus game. Sorry for so many questions :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      My ears have been having that crackling sound when i pop my ears or open/close them for as long as i can remember...usually it happens when I am having an allergic reaction or there is something in the air that is not right. Recently due to the wildfires i have been experiencing it more...normal really and i dunno if it has anything to do with T. It could be tmj?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      echosata

echosata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I'm seeing an audiologist (my first visit!) next week. I've read over the symptoms of TMJ and the only symptom I am experiencing is the ear pain / ringing. But it's only on the ear drum. So I'm thinking it might not be tmj.

I had this very low, near non-existent tinnitus for the last two years. The ringing / pain in my left ear was due to a spike because of massive ear wax blockage. It's supposed to take a while to return to baseline after an ear wax blockage. I was expecting the ringing, but not the pain :/

4. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Any improvements?